cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does webdynpro Application know the Config Component in FPM (ERP 2005)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone:

I have a question about setting sap.xss.configurationComponentName in FPM(ERP2005).

In ERP2004, sap.xss.configurationComponentName is set to the configuration component name. For example, my configuration component is named CcTest. Then the sap.xss.configurationComponentName = CcTest. So the WebDynpro Application knows the configuration component is Cctest

But with the help guide, the sap.xss.configurationComponentName is always set to com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccpcd.CcXssPcd. For example, I create my configuration component with the name CcTest. <b>How can the webdynpro Application know the configuration component?</b>

Thanks in advance

Elliott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cool, havent worked on 2005 yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Thank you for your anwsers

I config the FPM in the EP by FPM manager. In this way, I can assign the webdynpro components.

Elliott

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello elliot,

How did you config the FPM ?

Please you kindly suggest me.

I am on ERP2005 and

sap.xss.configurationComponentName = com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccpcd.CcXssPcd

But my application still error as below.

Error : java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.xss.config.pcd.PcdObjectBroker.retrieveObjectInternal(PcdObjectBroker.java:83)

at com.sap.xss.config.pcd.PcdObjectBroker.retrieveObject(PcdObjectBroker.java:47)

at com.sap.xss.config.domain.PersistentObjectManager.retrieveObjectInternal(PersistentObjectManager.java:106)

at com.sap.xss.config.domain.PersistentObjectManager.retrieveObject(PersistentObjectManager.java:80)

at com.sap.xss.config.FPMRepository.retrieveObjectInternal(FPMRepository.java:83)

Thank you in advance,

Susan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elliott,

All the applications call the same configuration component com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccpcd.CcXssPcd only as you have mentioned ( FPM - ERP2005) .

Then how it loads the correct configuration of the paricular application?? It does the following.

1. This component(com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccpcd.CcXssPcd )fetches the information regarding the application that has called it from the application context.

2.and loads the configuration of that particular application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharadha

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elliot,

How can the webdynpro Application know the configuration component?

The FPM excercise is a little more helpful

it states: "sap.xss.configurationComponentName = <the full-qualified name of you configuration component> (Self Defined Property)

eg. <package name>.<comp>

com.sap.xss.sal.cc.sacrifice.CcSalSacrifice