cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting portal version from....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, its me again with the same problem of all my threads.....not good solution found yet...but i got in this oportunity another question, my scenario is the follow: i got a url iview who calls a web template who start a bsp app. the question is: there is some way for capture in the url iview the portal version, then pass it (via url i guess)to the web template and then pass it to the bsp app. If i try to capture the version in he bsp app directly, always get me the value 0.0 and its obvious coz' i always start the bsp app outside the portal through the web template, but i just want to know if in the url iview i can capture the version, i imagine that pass it through the query string its as simple as put it in it as a parameter. I hope anyone answer, i will give a lot of rewards point who help me ;-). Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, whether this is what you are looking for, but this will retun you the current frame work version. See this code:

<head>
<SCRIPT src="/sap/bw/Mime/BEx/javascript/epcfproxy.js"></SCRIPT>
<script language="javascript">
var lnDotPos = document.domain.indexOf( "." );
  if(lnDotPos>=0)document.domain = document.domain.substr( lnDotPos + 1 );
function getversion()
{
alert(EPCMPROXY.getVersion());
}
</script>
</head>

The above JS will popup the present frame work version number. Try this out and revert back if found useful.

Regards,

Ravikiran.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also extend the approach i have mentioned in another thread of yours to suit this scenario

Ref:

this is myunderstanding of your requirement.

url iview pointing to BW webtemplate (you should be use BW report iview - is there any special reason for going url iview?)

called BW webtemplate has a link to BSP application and when called within the BSP application you want to know that its called by in portal environment.

in the url iview pointing to BW template add the following application parameter

pversion=<Portal.Version> (case sensitive)

in BW template add a hidden inputfield with the name pversion and set the value to this field using javascript by reading the url query string

and set this again as the url parameter for the BSP url

Regards

Raja

Reward points to helpful answers by choosing the appropriate radiobuttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello durairaj ...yes there is an explanation for using url iview...i have two links that dinamicly load the content in a iframe thats shows the reports. im gonna try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello durairaj...i have a question the application parameter...the value i have to put that exactly like this <Portal.Version>...i create a parameter and the value i have to put it like this exactly...case sensitive and all that???

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the application parameter field enter as below

pversion=<Portal.Version>

and in your BSP application have a page attribute named pversion with auto checked

within BSP pages also you can have iframes, and use BSP iviews. i wont for url iviews because of this

Regards

Raja

Answers (0)