Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Detecting portal version from....

Hello, its me again with the same problem of all my threads.....not good solution found yet...but i got in this oportunity another question, my scenario is the follow: i got a url iview who calls a web template who start a bsp app. the question is: there is some way for capture in the url iview the portal version, then pass it (via url i guess)to the web template and then pass it to the bsp app. If i try to capture the version in he bsp app directly, always get me the value 0.0 and its obvious coz' i always start the bsp app outside the portal through the web template, but i just want to know if in the url iview i can capture the version, i imagine that pass it through the query string its as simple as put it in it as a parameter. I hope anyone answer, i will give a lot of rewards point who help me ;-). Thanx in advance

Former Member
Former Member replied

I am not sure, whether this is what you are looking for, but this will retun you the current frame work version. See this code:

<head>
<SCRIPT src="/sap/bw/Mime/BEx/javascript/epcfproxy.js"></SCRIPT>
<script language="javascript">
var lnDotPos = document.domain.indexOf( "." );
  if(lnDotPos>=0)document.domain = document.domain.substr( lnDotPos + 1 );
function getversion()
{
alert(EPCMPROXY.getVersion());
}
</script>
</head>

The above JS will popup the present frame work version number. Try this out and revert back if found useful.

Regards,

Ravikiran.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question