Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Background processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am doing inbound IDOC processing thru' a customized function module, we customized the standard function module IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS by adding some user exits, its works fine while running it in foreground mode, but giving a problem while running in backdround mode and says the error 51- Material Not found,

Earlier i have posted the same problem in this forum, and adviced to set TRIGGER BY BACKGROUND PROGRAME in partner definition, even after that its giving problem,

Please help me to solve this problem, do we need to make any change in the program for running it in background mode ?

Thanks & Regards,

Joseph

1 REPLY 1

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

How did you execute in the foreground and background?

Did you use standard program RBDAPP01 to execute in the background for posting the IDoc?

The issue seems related to input data for material which does not exist in SAP. The result should be identical whether you set to trigger immediately or process by background job in the partner profile. I assume you have setup correctly the partner profile and pointed to your custom function module via process code.

Other alternative, please try to reprocess the existing IDoc (the error one) via IDoc testing tool (t/code WE19) with debug mode on. In this case, you are able to go through the inbound process step by step until you find the caused of the error.

Let me know if you need further assitant.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto