cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete or remove the selected row in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm facing a typical requirement in VC, similiar to variable selection screen in BI Queries :

I will have two tabes and if the user selects data from one table it will be moved to target table.I'm able to populate the target table with the value but I'm not able to delete the selected row from the source table.

Any help in this regard would be highlt appreciated.

Thankx in advance.

Regds,

Srinivasan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the following steps -

1. Right click on the table & go to toolbar.

2. Create one button in that toolbar.

3. Go to the system actions & assign 'Delete Row'

4. Save & Deploy the model.

so in the run time when you select the row & press this button that row will get deleted.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thankx for the reply. I could find this thing, but now struck in a follow up. The row that I deleted, needs to inserted into another table. Is it possible.

Thankx again for the help.

Regds.

Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the following steps -

1. Create two buttons.One for 'delete row' and another one for 'insert row'.

2. Assign the proper system action as per the name.

2. Change the name of both buttons as common name.

3. To trigger the actions simultaneously add a star before the action.( For Example : *select)

4. Change the visibility of any one of the button as 'false'. (so it will not get displayed)

5. Now, if u click the visible button both actions will be triggered simultaneously.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thankx for the reply, but I got a little bit confused.

I created two buttons, the names I changed to same say 'ADD'. As told by you I assigned proper system actions, ie 'delete row' for table1 button1 and 'Insert row' for table2 button2. But since the actions are system action and are named differently, how can I put '*'. And how will the data be exchanged between the tables.

Am I missing something. Please help.

Regds,

Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this you have to copy 'System action code' & paste it in 'Custom Action' here you can add '*' before it.

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Mr. Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasan,

Go through the link ,

Regards