cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real difference between BPM and CAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I work out the difference between guided procedures (CAF), BPM and so on.

It is clear that you use the BPM for the A2A process integration (with XI). It is also clear that the CAF is the framework for the SOA functionalities. I think, I read all the docs and tutorials an so on, but the complete differences (or similarities) are still obscure to me. Well, it is all in deployment, so it's hard to find a "so it is in truth"-paper.

Can someone give me an overview of the complete concept and how the different BPM tools work together (or should work together).

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Another suttle difference between the two is that CAF makes use of "modeling" wherein you use existing business model to build new ones. Whereas most BPM are built from scratch because of the varied scenario requirements. Not making use of modeling in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I think, to say it in easy words:

I have a heterogeneus system landscape, many systems, many processes. I use the XI and the process engine to integrate all my processes over the applications. When I want to create new processes, I use the CAF/ESA to make services out of my running processes (which are integrated by the XI and BPM). Put the services into Composite Applications and reuse them vor the new processes.

Is this a rigth view of the facts? (I think facts, that will be reached in some years )

former_member197351
Participant
0 Kudos

As an addition, it seems to be right!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I do not have an answer to your question yet, but I think it is somewhat along the same line as an article

I just posted in a different Forum:

Title is <b>"Difference/Link xApps vs CAF vs Visual Composer"</b>

Maybe someone will provide us with some answers.

Regards

Markus