cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Test Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI/PI Experts,

I have a scenario of BI ABAP Proxy - SAP PI - Siebel Web Service. I wanted to do a load/performance testing on the interface. Currently there's no abap proxy yet so I've been testing through RWB only.

Question is, if I'm provided with excel file, how can I create loads of test xml data. Say 50, 100, 500, 1000 records in one message.

Is there an easy way to do this? Hope I'll get good responses.

Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi XI/PI Experts,

>

> I have a scenario of BI ABAP Proxy - SAP PI - Siebel Web Service. I wanted to do a load/performance testing on the interface. Currently there's no abap proxy yet so I've been testing through RWB only.

>

> Question is, if I'm provided with excel file, how can I create loads of test xml data. Say 50, 100, 500, 1000 records in one message.

>

> Is there an easy way to do this? Hope I'll get good responses.

>

> Thanks so much

Hmmmm .. well the only way would be to create a XML with the ABAP proxy structure and testing it via RWB.

So you might have to actually manually create the xml from the data in the excel.

Else create another trial interface to convert the excel file to XML (the data structure being the same as you use for the proxy) and then use the resulting XML for testing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If you have to create the XML file manually what you can do is go to your message mapping in IR and click on test tab. In the test tab you can see both the source and the target structure. you can populate the source structure and also create duplicate nodes so as to increase the size. then go to the source of the test tab to obtain the xml of the source structure. this you can use in RWB to test the interface.

regards,

Milan Thaker.