cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some adapter services not starting automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For some time we have had to start the JDBC and FILE adapter services from the Visual Administrator because they do not start automatically after a server restart.

Recently we have experienced some out of memory conditions in the development server J2EE instance and the problem became more obvious.

I have checked and they are configured for manual start exactly as they are in the production server. But in the production server they do come up automatically after restarts.

I have checked the server log and found this but checking in the visual admin the service is marked as not running:

[Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor166]

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc started. (62 ms).

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.marketplace.svc started. (141 ms).

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.svc started. (328 ms).

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc started. (47 ms).

[Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor618]

[Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor764]

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc started. (1969 ms).

Service com.sap.aii.adapter.file.svc started. (407 ms).

[Unloading class sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor876]

Please Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

A possible cause can be filling up of log files rapidly..!!!!

Please check with basis team if they are clearing the log files frequently...

Is it happening for other adapters also..?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers I will have the BASIS team check on the logs, and the note certainly makes sense, I will check that also and see if it gets resolved.

Santosh:

Yes, only the JDBC and FILE adapters fail to start up properly.

Maybe the fact that we have over 1,120 JDBC sender channels configured has something to do with it?

More ideas anyone?

-Sam.

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

If you are using DNS names in your channels, check if all the server IP addresses are working fine under that DNS. We had similar issue where one system under DNS was deleted but the entry in the mamory was still there, so all the times it was waisting more time to listen something on unexisting ip address and to send response to XI.

Check all these at your target system.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, interestingly, one of the FTP business systems was shot down leaving about 10 channels trying to connect to an unavailable server.

However, a restart happened one day after the channels were reconfigured to point to another server.

Thanks for the tip!

-Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok It happened again this morning without failure to connect to any server. So the DNS/FTP problem can be discarded I guess.

The following message was detected in a communication channel log:

2009-07-27 17:08:49 Success Send text file "CUST.DAT" from FTP server "xxxx", size 180773238 bytes with QoS EO.

2009-07-27 17:08:59 Success File "CUST.DAT" successfully archived on FTP server "xxxx" as "xxxx_CUST.DAT"

2009-07-27 17:09:08 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint http://xxxxxxx:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server.

2009-07-27 17:14:31 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2009-07-27 17:14:47 Error Terminating queue worker-thread due to fatal error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Please if someone could help me interpret the message.

Does this mean that this channel caused the Out Of Memory Error?

Or means that it was terminated at that point because the J2EE was going down due to the error being caused elsewhere???

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Can you check whether enough memory available in FTP server ,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but the problem clearly has nothing to do with the FTP server since the XI is downloading the files, that is acting as an FTP client. But thanks anyway.

-Sam.

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

what is the file size you trying to get?

cheers

hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

It is: 180773238 bytes with QoS EO.

-Sam.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check this Note 1083488

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to comment that the problem is intermittent, the services for the JDBC and FILE adapter consistently fail to start correctly after an out of memory error that causes the J2EE Engine to reboot or manual restart.

Please help!