cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Field Group Name in NOTIF_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone know how to customize the notif_create form so the field group names are called something different? e.g. I want the Subject field to read Business Area.

Edited by: SolManiac on Jul 21, 2009 1:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump, anyone have any ideas? I understand you may have to modify the standard code. I'd like some instruction on how to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this :[http://www.renet-web.net/2005/09/01/changing-standard-sap-field-descriptions/|http://www.renet-web.net/2005/09/01/changing-standard-sap-field-descriptions/]

But remember that you are changing SAP Standard:

--> That field is important in solution Manager (actions behaviour changd depending on this field - Watch your Charm process!)

--> Your changes will probably have to be done everytime you upgrade

--> it's a question of education - your users have to be educated in the fact that although the field is called X, you put Y in it.

Proceed at your own risk!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you give it a try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal-

Thanks for the link. Nice, clear, well-written piece. I tried it on the Subject field on the NOTIF_CREATE form however in COMD some different text was coming up in the fields (e.g. not Subject).

I checked in CRMD_ORDER but the Subject is tied closely to the correction type (normal, emergency, etc) so I definitely don't want to alter that.

In summary, I need to change the word 'Subject' in NOTIF_CREATE to 'Business Area', but it doesn't seem to work per the steps in this article.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal I gave this a shot on another field. The documentation says to save it as a customizing request, but this is a workbench change. Also when I saved my new entries it was not reflected in the system. When I clicked F1 it showed up in the help documentation, but the actual field name was not changed.

For example in the service desk document i am changing Reference Date to Due Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal I gave this a shot on another field. The documentation says to save it as a customizing request, but this is a workbench change. Also when I saved my new entries it was not reflected in the system. When I clicked F1 it showed up in the help documentation, but the actual field name was not changed.

For example in the service desk document i am changing Reference Date to Due Date