SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC.9 - Schedule Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help to find out if this report can be scheduled in the background with an output.

Currently, we have to run the report in the background for 2 reasons: (a) It needs to be run on specific date and time which could be weekend or night, (b) The report runs longer than the run time thus we get run-time error message.

When I scheduled the job in the background, spool file is not created. The only time that we can get the report is when running it on-line.

Please help.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

rudy_schmitz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that it is most probably too late for you, but the answer may be needed for someone else...

When you schedule the program in background job, you can see in the job log a "selection version" (like BG000).

If you go back to transaction MC.9 and click on the button "Selection Version", you can choose BG000 which is in fact the result of the background job.

You can then handle the reports features just like if it was run "online".

Hope this can be helpful...

Regards,

Rudy

rudy_schmitz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that it is most probably too late for you, but the answer may be needed for someone else...

When you schedule the program in background job, you can see in the job log a "selection version" (like BG000).

If you go back to transaction MC.9 and click on the button "Selection Version", you can choose BG000 which is in fact the result of the background job.

You can then handle the reports features just like if it was run "online".

Hope this can be helpful...

Regards,

Rudy

0 Kudos

Thank you Rudy for the reply.

I have tried your solution. In the past, I was able to retrieve the job log. However, recently I could not find the versions/job log that I ran. I do not see the job updated with the current date. I am not sure if this is because there is a limit as to how many versions can be stored.