cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy of ABAP+JAVA using backup and restore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have done oracle backup and restore of ABAP+JAVA stack from PROD to QA.

ABAP is working fine, but JAVA is not starting. I have done search and found that this procedure is not recommended by SAP.

But also found few threads like and some were able to fix it.

Now i can not go back and use R3load and JLOAD

I cannot find any log in sever0/log file as it is not writing to this file and i checked the configtool the server ID is copied from PRD and all the entries are pointing to PRD,

can I change the entries in configtool to point to QA? but i want to know if there are any pre-steps that i am missing and can i use same PROD serverID in QA?

I also checked the files it is pointing QA

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/bootstrap.properties

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/clusterinstance.properties

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/SDM/program/config/sdm_jstartup.properties

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher/cfg/kernel/<Name of the services>.properties

/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSxx/j2ee/cluster/serverX/cfg/kernel/<Name of the services>.properties

Please let me know the changes to be made to start JAVA.

Thanks.

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

You did a wrong thing. You should first export Java and later on import it back.

But you can give a try by check SAP Note 970518 - Hom[1]. Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 7.0 2004s SR2.pdf

In this note check on page 11. After target system installation how can you change instance.properties file.

Thanks

Sunnny

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not a supported method by SAP. so keep in mind, even if you make the java run, SAP will not support for any future problems. so safe way is to use the export method for Java.

if its a sandbox system or not so much of importance for your client, then you play in it.

i checked the configtool the server ID is copied from PRD and all the entries are pointing to PRD, can I change the entries in configtool to point to QA? but i want to know if there are any pre-steps that i am missing and can i use same PROD serverID in QA?

in most cases the java will not start as the instance id is different and it will give exception in jvm_bootstrap.out (\usr\sap\SID\<instance>\work folder). you may get the exception where it will say some instance ID# its not able to find in the database.

Now you need to open configtool, and search for the occurrence of Instance ID in sever node > cluster manager, if its different than you got in the log, then change it. restart the java cluster from SMICM. (you may also need to change other parameters if pointing to the PRD server)

Regards,

Debasis.