cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source for a planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a data source 9AZDP_APAP for my planning area ZDP_APAP. When I'm creating this data source, SAP itself prefixing my datasource name with '9A'.

I'm wondering is this ( Starting the data sorce name with '9A') with in our system only or with every system.

If it is with every system then is there anyway I can override this.

The reason why I'm asking this question is my data source is giving error " M version is different from A version' in RSA1, when I'm trying to activate my datsource I'm getting authorization error. When I contacted my security people on this they are telling I'm not following the naming standards. They are telling that the data source name should start with Z.

All the inputs on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Brahma Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ap10
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I would like to extend this discussion , I see the newly generated DS has no data , do we need to load it using Infopackage or am i doing something wrong .

Please help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generating a data source on a planning area in APO is really very helpful function we have. this will help us to save a lot lot time to generate cube/rules/source.

Definately, when system generates the data source it will follow its own logic "9A" which we can not change.

I guess you create a DataSource manually if required, where you can follow your own logic, but that is not really consistent as system generates. becuase when it generates, it will check for time char and all based on storage bucket profile and generates.

Hope my information will help you in understanding the importance of auto generation of data source

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bramha,

Yes, whenever you create data source for planning area it should start from 9A. Actaully these are standard, So dont overide the same. While creatting data source just put your requirement tech. name as you said ZDP_APAP. Even you can see "9a" prefix where you enter the name of data source in "Generating data source screen"..

So, I would suggest go by Standard &create data source & replicate it in to APO-BW.

Regards

Sujay