cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison of ESR Object ID/Object Version ID between PI Environments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how can I compare ESR Object ID/Object Version ID between PI Environments (lets say PI-DEV vs. PI-QA)?

Is there a way to do it in mass?

This is to make sure that actually all the correct object versions have been transported.

May be there a way to run a report to get all ESR Object ID/Object Version ID in one environment, download it, download for the other environment an compare them outside PI.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I m not so sure about any report which will do this but if you export your objects via File management .

Tools->Export design object,you will get a .tpz filename in the export directory on XI server \usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\export

If i m not wrong this .TPZ file should have version number in its name.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, but still, doing it mannually is too painful and time consuming because of the amount of objects.

Any one has another idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check tables in XI which are used to store ESR Objects.

You can write a simple report to disply/print these values.

Please look at the below wiki to see those tables

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Useful%20ABAP%20tables%20in%20SAP%20XI

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. However, it doesn't work. The export in the version I'm using PI7.1 creates files with the name of the software component XI7_1_SWC_A_TEST_1.0_of_xxx.com-objs.tpz. Furthermore, even if it showed the version id in the name that would cover only one object; for one object it is easier just to look the properties of the object, but that would get to to having to do the activity one by one.

What I am looking for is something that gives me the Object ID and Object Version ID for all the objects in the ESR, so that I can afterwards compare it to another environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enrique,

The best thing would be compare manually. For this you need to go to ES Builder menu bar>choose Tools>Find Transports. Like this open in all systems and you need to do manually. Also I think you can compare manually the ESR content in CMS. Please see this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/81/4c6753bb6d478ba9f8fa30eb4d4079/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish