cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to activate the flash debugger. The check box in tools->options->compiler->add flash debugger console is greyed out and will not let me select it. Does anyone know why? I am on version 7.0 enhancement pack 1 SP 18.

Thank you for your help,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue - did you get it resolved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Go to the following link, it might help you - (SAP notes are also given for this problem, refer those also)

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/EnablingFlexerrormessagesinVisualComposer

Refer this link also, i think this is more presize

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Enable+Log

Regards

Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jul 24, 2009 8:52 AM

Edited by: Sandeep Patki on Jul 24, 2009 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

'Add flash debugger console' is only accessible when the compiler is 'Flash' and it'll not accissible when the compiler is 'Flash(Flex2)'.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

I have the compiler set to Flash not Flash(Flex2). The only options are Xgraph, Flash and Web Dynpro.

Is there another reason why I cannot activate the debugger? Could it be a setup issue or authorization?

Thank you

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aaron, (and Jo, that also has this issue)

the Flash Debugging console is working only of Flex 1.5

I'm not sure why you need it, since it doesn't contain much infomation that is helpful for you....

Anyway - You are on Flex 2, and this is why you can't see the console.

Why are you on Flex 2?

you said that you are on Enhancement Pack 1 SP18. since SP5 of EhP1 is just released, you're probably installed a future SP that wasn't created yet, or maybe something is wrong with your statement.

so - if you are on Ehnacament Pack (1 and 2), and to me it sounds that you are, the "Flash" runtime is Flex 2 (by default), yet you can add the old Flash (i.e. Flex 1.5) to the list, using the J2EE visual administrator, there's note about it somewhere -- Highly not recommended

in The regular SP track (where currently the released one is SP20)

you will have "Flash" == Flex 1.5 and "Flash (Flex 2)" == Flex 2

Best Regards,