Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool printing takes a long time for just one user

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could someone please guide on what could be the reason that spool printing takes a long time for just one user ?

I've monitored all the spool processes through SM50, and I've found that a very long time elapses before the printing job appears in one of the four spool processes.

Thanks in advance.

Reda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

very long time elapses before the printing job appears in one of the four spool processes.

can u check the trace file(Red color error) of that spool process. Also can u see if there are any system logs in SM21 related to that spool request.

Also see how many pages the user is giving print @ 1 shot. Suppose if the printer to whcih the user is giving print is a network printer, see the network response time.

Have u tried to ask the same user to give print to some other printer. Also have u asked some other user to print to that problematic printer. Check the responses under this scenario also.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member270360
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for your interest.

The problem turned out to be with the Windows user on the laptop; i.e. when we tried to issue the same report with the local administrator user of the laptop, no performance problem occurred. So the windows user profile had to be deleted and re-created again.

Thank you again for your coooperation.

Regards.

Reda