cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earliest Start and Earliest Finish dates for Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anybody tell me in what table are the Earliest Start and Earliest Finish dates for tasks located? If no table is available does anyone know of a BAPI o function to obtain these dates?

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

We have been using the dates in table CGPL_TASK. PLANSTART is earliest start date and PLANFINISH is earliest finish date. I've never actually confirmed that with anyone. It was more of an assumption as the only other dates in this table are actual and latest. It has worked for us for over a year now though.

You could also try this...

BAPI_BUS2175_GET_DETAIL

Hope this helps!

Wendy Miller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your answer, it cleared up where I could get those fields. However I´d like to ask you a follow up question.

Our main requirement is to make these two standard fields appear in the Task Dashboard. I have included the two fields in an append structure that was already created in the system (type of component ZDPR_TS_DASHBOARD) creating the ZZPLANSTART and ZZPLANFINISH fields.

Now the columns now appear in the task dashboard, but no values appear.

Do you have any idea Wendy?

Thanks again and best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

We did this! I will try to type how we did it this afternoon. I'm in the middle of trying to move new custom report to production.

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

You also need to add these attributes in the extraction layout.

In Customizing, goto: cProjects -> Evaluations -> define attributes, and add your custom ones: name (Z*), data type, summarization rule... Then the system will automatically retrieve the values.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Thanks! I´ll wait for your help...

Matthias,

I tried that configuration, but the values still don´t appear..should we restart the portal? Please let me know.

Thanks!!

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

Restarting portal shouldn't matter in this instance. You can run cProjects outside of portal. I do that to test sometimes to help narrow down whether I should even consider portal in my troubleshooting.

I know that I had to add the fields in the configuration that Matthias mentioned. I'm also trying to double check if I had to add the fields to my 0_DASHBOARD layout in the "Define Extract Layouts" configuration.

Data for standard fields such as actual start, actual finish is showing up, correct? So we know it is just related to the new fields?

I'm going to refer back to my transports to see what we did and try to summarize. We also used a BAdi to pull values on refresh instead of waiting for users to click check (or on save or batch job).

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wendy,

Thanks so much for your replies. We currently have no problems with other standard fields like actual start and actual finish. The standard fields we wanted to add PLANSTART and PLANFINISH appear in the dashboard now, but they do not populate values.

If the columns appear, does that mean we got modification in the APPEND in the ABAP table right? or do we need to create another append structure or something? I want to make sure we got that part right before the customizing.

As for the customizing I´m really curious to see how you did yours, so I can compare with ours...I´m not really sure what values to place in that extract customizing...

Thanks a million,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

We had issues at first and had to redo something as well. It has been almost two years so I'm trying to piece it together.

In our YDPR_TS_DASHBOARD_ADDFLDS we have three components:

SCHEDULED_FINISH of type DPR_TV_SCHEDULED_FINISH

SCHEDULED_START of type DPR_TV_SCHEDULED_START

YYDPR_ACTIVITY of type YDPR_ACTVT -- you would not need this -- we added the parent task to the task dashboard as well and this required the BAdi. The dates should not require the BAdi change we did to have them work like the other fields on the dashboard.

If I remember what did not work the first time, we had named SCHEDULED_FINISH and SCHEDULED_START here like we did YYDPR_ACTIVITY. We had put the Y on the front of them and they did not work.

This is part of the append to DPR_TS_DASHBOARD.

Then in SPRO under Define Attributes and Object Types that Matthias mentioned -- make sure that SCHEDULED_FINISH and SCHEDULED_START are in the attributes. I still have my old YY values - but I don't know that I needed them there since we renamed what the components on the append were after it didn't work the first time.

In Define Extract Layouts -- for 0_DASHBOARD attributes -- make sure that SCHEDULED_FINISH and SCHEDULED_START are there.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

Edited by: Wendy Miller on Jul 28, 2009 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy!

Thank you so much for your explanation, we have done exactly what you mentioned in your post. In fact we are now using the SCHEDULED_START and SCHEDULED_FINISH instead of the PLANSTART and PLANFINISH.

OK so this is how it went:

In transaction SE11 we added the two fields in our append structure ZDPR_TS_DASHBOARD.

We added them just like they are named:

SCHEDULED_START type DPR_TV_SCHEDULED_START

SCHEDULED_FINISH type DPR_TV_SCHEDULED_FINISH

When doing so, it gave off a warning that SCHEDULED_START and SCHEDULED_FINISH are not customer fields and should have a YY or ZZ in front. I ignored the warning based on your advice and activated the append anyway.

So that´s how the append went.

Next on to the SPRO config:

In the define atributes part, SCHEDULED_START and SCHEDULED_FINISH are already defined as attributes, however I am not sure how the rest of the configurations should go, for example:

Attr.Type, Summarization Rule, Summ. Res, Init Vals., or Reference Attribute.

I left these values standard and didn´t modify anything in this part of SPRO.

Next I checked in the extract layout configuration in SPRO and verified if they were in the 0_Dashboard. It was there alright, but again I am not sure if I should flag any of the two flags in that configuration:

Always Extract and Calculate after Aggr.

I left them blank (standard).

In summary, I didn´t have to do any configuration in SPRO...

I went to the Tasks Dashboard in cProjects and the new columns keep coming with blank values...

What do you think Wendy? Am I still missing something?

Thanks again and regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

I'm not sure at the moment what else to try. We also use the DPR_EVE_DASHBOARD BAdi to populate some fields, but I don't think you should have to do that.

I think if the various attributes in the customizing match what is done for the actual date fields, then it is okay. (Regarding Attr. Type, Summarization Rule, and so on).

I will post again if I think of something.

Wendy