cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM/PP - setup of STOs for cross storage location transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have heard that SAP 47 allows the ability to setup STOs that will permit PO creation to transfer product from within the same Plant to different storage locations.

Is this true? And if so, where can I perform the configuration steps.

I need to setup the system to allow me to generate STO Deliveries from Plant 4000 to ship from SLoc 1001 to 2001. The necesary delivery information would be printed. The receipt process i would imagine would be similar to current cross plant STOs using MB0A.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

yes, it's possible starting with 470, extension set 2.00. If you have ext. set 1.10, you can't do it.

Cheers,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Attila,

Can you please post details on how this works in extension set 2.00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atla -

Does this capability in Ext set 2.0, create Delivery documents? That is a big component for us wanting to use this. If it does not then we need not worry about it.

Currently, we don't have this extension set setup,and there is no way that we will be able to upgrade to this level in the near term, so if we can identify what notes /changes are needed then perhaps we can incorporate that functionality this way.

Would you know precisely what support pack or OSS notes are involved in having this capability defined?

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

well you can have the stock transfer in 2 ways

1. By stock transfer order as you have mentioned in your article.

Remove material by 311 movt and stock will go in transit and accept it by 101 movt.

2. You can also have plant to plant transfer by MIGO

In 2 step procedure

by 351 ( goods issue) your goods will be in transit( visible in mmbe )

and by 101 movt you can have the material goods receipt into the destination plant

3. Movements like 303 and 305 will also assist you in same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has a standard movement 311 which does the transfer posting from within the same Plant to different storage locations.

Transaction code MIGO with Action : transfer posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we are aware of those transactions 311, 313/315 etc. Specifically we were interested in identifying if there was another transaction that would also generate the delivery documentation that could accompany the product as used with STOs (where you pick / confirm from one plant and receive into another.

Supposedly with R/3 47 there was some 'delta' functionality that would allow Stock Transport Orders to be created between storage locations. Let me know if you have heard anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did browse through the 4.7 Release note a while ago, but do not remember any such functionality.

You could try searching in this link & let me know if you find anything.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/e3003deddfae4de10000000a114084/frameset.htm