cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

universe sort order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon

I am creating a universe (1st timer). I have added a date dimension to the universe but when I bring data from the dimension into a webi report the month names are sorted alphabetically. I would like to sort these numerically (i.e by their month number - available in the dimension) and yet display the month name (also available in the dimension).

So far I have sorted the object in the designer from "object properties\edit\" applied the sort of month number. It sorts the data confirmed when i check the display in the designer and I have checked the option "export with uiniverse" also.

However when i use the data in webi it is not sorted as expetced but rather alphabetically.

Please can someone help, is what I am trying to do possible (it must be as its such a basic requirement) and if so how?

regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You have 3 solutions:

<ul><li>1 - Create a custom object that concatenate the month number and the month name and then it will automatically sorted correctly.

<li>2 - Keep the month name and the month number separately and add the month number column in your WebI table or chart and then sort on it.

<li>3 - Keep the month name in you WebI table and create a custom sort on the month nam in WebI.

</ul>For the second solution you can cheat by canging the foreground color of your month number in order to be transparent and resize the column to 0.

In that case the numeric column would "disappear".

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier

thanks for your response this is very disappointing tho from a BO point of view this such a simple thing to do that other vendors have been using for some considerable time - anyway thanks for the reposnse we shal look at investigating one of these fudges.

cheers

Chris

Answers (0)