cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Data loading problems after source system upgrade to ECC5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on BW version 3.1 (patch level 021) and BI content 3.3 (patch level 016).

My source system is upgrading from R/3 4.6B to ECC5. I am trying to setup my BW development environment to point to the new ECC5 dev environment, but have the following problems.

I must also mention that the logical system name of the source system changed and trx BDLS was used in BW to convert the logical system names, so as to avoid any changes of the data extraction routines in BW.

PROBLEM (1)

When I execute a master data Infopackage (FULL & INIT loads) for the 1st time, I get error "Caution ! - The transfer method has changed" in the monitor. However if I execute it for a second time, the load executes successfully. But should I execute it for a 3rd time, the error occurr reoccurs, 4th time it works etc.

The Transfer method is set to PSA. I have checked the communication via SM59 and all is ok. I have reactivated the datasource in the source system and have also replicated and activated the transfer structure again in BW, but the error still persists.

PROBLEM (2)

When I execute a master data Infopackage (DELTA load) for the 1st time, I get error "Caution ! - The transfer method has changed" in the monitor. However if I execute it for a second time, the data load terminats in the source system.

I have reactivated the datasource in the source system, replicated and activated it in BW, but no change.

I have checked st22 and the job is cancelled in the source system with short dump error:

========================================================

Runtime Errors LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND

Exceptn CX_SY_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND

ShrtText Program " " not found.

Error analysis

An exception occurred. This exception is dealt with in more detail below . The exception, which is assigned to the class 'CX_SY_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND', was neither caught nor passed along using a RAISING clause, in the procedure "RSA3_GEN_GET_DATA" "(FUNCTION)" . Since the caller of the procedure could not have expected this exception to occur, the running program was terminated. The reason for the exception is: On account of a branch in the program (CALL FUNCTION/DIALOG, external PERFORM, SUBMIT) or a transaction call, another ABAP/4 program is to be loaded, namely " ".

However, program " " does not exist in the library.

Possible reasons:

a) Wrong program name specified in an external PERFORM or

SUBMIT or, when defining a new transaction, a new

dialog module or a new function module.

b) Transport error

b) Transport error ========================================================

For both my problems I have searched OSS and this forum, but with no real success. Someone did mention that they had the same/similar problem as my PROBLEM (2), but the topic was inactive with no resolution. The title of the Post was 'Job cancelling in source system'.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Grant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just an update. Had to load support package 7 for PI_BASIS software componenet on ECC5 to solve PROBLEM(2), OSS Note 899405.

Regards

Grant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grant

After upgrade of your Source system to ECC5.0 before you start loading in to BW you need to replicate all datasources and activate the transfer structures then start loading the Data in to BW.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

Thanx for the reply.

This was all done as part of the restore of the source system during the source system logical name change in BW.

And as mentioned in the original post, I have even re-replicated the datasources that were giving problems and then also activated their transfer structures, but still no change.

Regards

Grant.