cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAP of material in returns document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is using MAP (Moving average price )for certain materials.

In normal sales cycle, cost is booked at MAP value and same is tranfered to GL account. After certain period, if the stock is returned by customer, user wants to have the same MAP at which it was intitially sold to customer. Check below:

MAP is 100 on 01/01/2009

MAP is 95 on 01/07/2009.

When we create returns order on 15th July, then cost is being booked at 95/-. In original order, it was 100/- and now it is 95/-.

Can any body tell me whether this is the standard behavior of system? If so, can we book old MAP during in Sales returns (User exits) or with any of the modifications.

Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes this is the standard SAP scenario. The system takes the moving average of MMR available on the goods retured date.*(i.e in your case 95 only). The difference of amount would be posted into profit and loss account. This is only the standard business logic. The cost of the materials procured may increase or decrease with time period, so these balances should be posted into in P/L accounts. You can check the settings in your movement type configuration(For returns 653 or 655).

Try to convience the user with the above said logic(price will vary with time) otherwise it will be hectic job. Even i have faced with the same type of scenario. When i tried to explain the complexity of the issue then the user was convienced. Check out any possible help from FI/MM side. Because we(SD) are not going to control these documents.

Even SAP has not recommended this change.

regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your valuable input...

I checked the settings and executed a transaction.

As in original document, value posted to GL account is 100 and in returns document, it was 95.

But, i was checking material document and GL account value posting for returns material document for movement type 653. I did not find any value being posted to P/L account.

Where can we get to see this difference value posted to P/L account.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

any suggestions please...

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standrad movement for goods return is 651 which is not relevant for accounting entry.

Actually on PGR the stock type would be "Retrun"(check in mb52) ,the accounting entry would be passed at the the time of mvt type 453 (transfer of retrun stock to own stock)

I understand there will be no price differnce entry ,the only impact would be that the MAp would be chnaged and further entries for cost of goods sold would be at higher or lower rate.

The price differnce entry would be passed if material is on standard else it will be a simple entry by debiting inventroy & crediting the cogs account.

Regards

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

any updates please...

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Please....can anybody reply with some info on this issue...

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.