cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper orientation with dot matrix pinters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

Is there a way to tweak the lpr command (found via RZ11 -> rspo/host_spool/print) so that we can add specific parameters for a given printer ?

We need to print landscape oriented smartforms on a dot matrix printer with continuous paper portrait oriented. When adding "-o landscape" to the lpr command, it rotates by 90° the printout. These are pre-printed forms, we need to use them for our subsidiaries in Turkey due to legal requirements.

We'll really appreciate any help on that topic. We cannot make a change of the lpr command via RZ11, because it would impact every printers and we only need it for one.

Kind regards,

Gregory PFISTER

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After many tries, we gave up and found another provider for the delivery note pre printed forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you refer to printer manual and made the changes directly on the printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course I had a look at the online documentation, and I am still looking at it, but so far, I found nothing on how to implement a specific LPR command for a given printer.

I am not even sure this is the way it should be done, I have no experience whatsoever dealing with printing in SAP, but I have been ask to investigate in the best way I can.

Does anyone have done such thing before ? Can it be done ?

Thank you for your answers.

Kind regards,

Gregory PFISTER.

ian_simkin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gregory,

I too am facing problems with Turkish legal requirements/smart forms and dotmatrix printers.

Can you tell me what device type you are using?

Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

that would depend on a couple of things.

i do not think it advisable to change the LPR command here. you can investigate:

another printer device for that printer (SPAD)

check whether there is customizing that can be done via application (that is so in HR)

check with the printer vendor for options (see note 153879 for an example)

adapt the SAPscript or Smartform you are using (print controls)

i cannot give a more detailled answer because you were a wee bit unspecific about the printer vendor and model, the application, the form etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer, however, I was looking for a printer specific solution, meaning, I don't want to touch via RZ11 the LPR command (because of the impact it would have on all other printer), but I was thinking about creating my own command and found a way to invoke it for this specific printer.

But I can't find nowhere (neither in the SPAD nor in the documentation).

Does anyone have made such configuration ?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Gregory PFISTER