cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing solution manager 4.0 unicode vs non uni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently installing solution manager and I am getting a message that the kernel cd i am providing is wrong. The cd label that it is looking for is "AKK: kernel 7" where the cd label in for a unicode system is "AKK UKernel 7" Why would they offer 2 different kernels if you dont have the option anymore?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also found this very strange but it isn't the only weird thing you'll find with Solman 4. Having got through the install it seems less stable than a fully patched 3.2 installation. You have to use the other kernel for the install to work, the one labelled non-unicode. Go figure.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually our sap resource onsite looked at your internal messages and found the problem documented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure thing!

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I would suggest that you enter a customer message on this. If the CD is incorrect it needs to corrected and installation guide notes updated. We really appreciate the feedback so we can improve the delivery.

Thanks,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we found the answer, you need to use the DVD provided with the mailing shipment "NOT the download". I would be a little concerned if I were you. You are using non-unicode execuatbles with a unicode database code page. You might want to think about reinstalling or somehow patching the kernel with the proper exes!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to use a non-unicode kernel on a unicode system won't allow the system to start. Checking the file versions shows that they <i>are</i> unicode. Looks like a case of CD/DVD labels being incorrect.