cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Month Compounding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Fiscal Year/Month and Fiscal Year Period in my query and both these objects are compounded to Fiscal year. I need to display just the Fiscal Period and Fiscal month and not the Fiscal Year. This is because I am comparing the values for the same Fiscal Period and Fiscal Month from two different years. Is there some way doing this without the use of user exit code?

Ashmith Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put Fiscal year in filter. And use the others where you want to. I hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avr/PRaveen,

The issue is that this is object is compunded to the Fiscal Year Variant and we are already filtering upon it. And still when we drill down in the query by Fiscal Month and Fiscal Period, instead of displaying, for example 04 for month it will display 04/2006.

Can you advise?

Ashmith Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashmith,

But it might not be in the filter section of query designer in your case, please check that. Other option is to put "Fiscal year" as row in the query and set property as "No disply". Check if that works.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmith,

To display values like 04 instead of 04/2006 you will need to use 0CALMONTH2 and 0FISCPER3 in your query.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you clearly describe how each objects are related and how data is....(regarding compounding)

Also check fi you have 0CALMONTH and 0FISCPER objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avr/Bhanu/Praveen,

I am using 0Fiscper and a custom infoobject in the case of Fiscal month which is referenced to 0calmonth. The custom Fiscal month infoobject does not have any compounding on it.

I am guessing Bhanu is right here, because the data itself comes to me with the year values in it (like for example, 04/2006 and 03/2006). So I checked and found 0FISCPER3(posting period) infoobject which does not have any compounding. But our DB does not have any active 0CALMONTH2 infoobject.

Anyway, we are not allowed to make any changes to the backend structures as these infocubes are already in production. So, is there any alternate?

Thanks once again all of you for your prompt reply.

Ashmith Roy

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmith,

That's correct, there is no compounding, but it is just that that's how the values are populated. That's why we have the other objects...I always try to include them when deifning a cube as they are not an overhead and really help in certain reporting situations.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashmith,

If you want to avoid displaying fiscal year, put that in filter section of query in query designer.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen