cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM70: SAP Provision Framework & Role-Approvals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

How can I use the SAP Provisiong Framework (PF) with Role Approvals?

User-Provisioning works fine without any Approval Tasks. I can create a user in the Workflow and assign a role which triggers the SAP PF Provisioning-Tasks for Exchange/ADS and SAP ABAP.

Then I tried to assign a Role where I defined an Approver and an Approval task. I expected that after the Role assignment is approved the respective Provisioning Tasks (ProvisionADS, ProvisionABAP) are started automatically, but they aren't.

The Approval is raised in the Workflow, I approve it and nothing happens. If I look at the User-Details the role is not assigned to the user.

Do I have to link the SAP PF-Provisioning Tasks to the Approvals Approve-Node?

If yes, do I have to define an approval task for every system-type and possible combination of systems???

Or what else should I include in the Approve-Node?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I solved the question:

I followed the "Implementing pending approvals" Tutorial step by step and "wrapped" my ApprovalTask with an PreprocessApprovers and a CommitApproval task. But I'm quite sure the CommitApproval Task would be sufficient.

This leads to another question in the same area:

If I use an Approval Task with a defined Approver and Sub-Tasks in its Approve/Decline-Nodes (as I use for e.g. Workflow public "Create User" Task) I see the Approval in the Monitoring Approval Queue.

The MX_PENDING_VALUE created during the Role-Approval is not listed there.

What is the difference, technically speaking, between a Role-Approval (MX_PENDING_VALUE) and a "normal" Approval (Task + Subtasks)?

Why do I have to commit the one and not the other?

What other usage has the MX_PENDING_VALUE / Where else is it used (since it is more complex than simply creating an "interrupting" Approval Task)?

Points still available

Regards

Michael

Edited by: Michael on Jul 20, 2009 5:06 PM