cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raising Error : 'Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a report using alv tree (CL_GUI_ALV_TREE) in R/3, and i want to export output table of alv in this report to memory with an id then i will use this table in wda. so i've used an RFC function to submit this report, but this error raised : 'Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached' , when creating the alv container.

CREATE OBJECT CONT    * this error is raised here
    EXPORTING
      SIDE      = SIDE
      EXTENSION = WIDTH
      REPID     = SY-REPID
      DYNNR     = DYNNR.

How can i solve this problem? Can somebody help me please?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While executing these types of program in background we should be passing a blank docking container instead of the custom container as parent to our grid control.

The docking container doesnu2019t need any of the custom controls on the screen; instead it attaches an area to any or all of the four edges of the screen (top, left, right or bottom). The behavior of the areas in the container is determined by the sequence in which they are initialized. Docking Containers are attached to the screen from the inside out. This means that when you create a second container, it is attached to the edge of the screen, and the container that was already there is pushed outwards.

Following modifications have to be made:

·        Define a docking container in the program

data: or_doc type ref to cl_gui_docking_container .

· At the time of creating a custom container, check if the program is being executed in background or foreground. If the program is scheduled in background, then create a docking container instead of custom container.

if cl_gui_alv_grid=>offline( ) is initial.

create object or_custom_container

exporting container_name = c_container.

create object or_grid

exporting i_parent = or_custom_container.

else .

create object or_grid

exporting i_parent = or_doc .

endif .

Now test executing the program in background. The report would be generated.

regards

chinnaiya .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help. You solved my problem.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome

Answers (0)