cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Document iView and User Permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a KM Document iView to display a document (stored within KM) to my users. However, it is happening something I believe is not correct.

When I set only READ permission for this folder, the KM Document iView is not able to display the document for my users. On the other hand, when I change the permission to, at least, READ/WRITE, the iView works fine.

Is it really the behaviour of that iView? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Fernando Urzedo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

Read permissions should allow users to see the content. Please check this link on Assigning Permissions to Folders.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/d349d2e488964da38a661fa722e7a9/content.htm

Check if the eu role has read permissions.

Also check this link for information on permissions iview.

-Dileep

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Assigning correct permissions to KM folders is not the issue here. My question was regarding the behaviour of KM Document iView in a folder with READ versus READ/WRITE permissions.

Thanks anyway

Fernando Urzedo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando -

We are also encountering this issue. Users have READ permissions but are unable to view documents without having a minimum of READ/WRITE. Have you found any resolution to your problem?

Thanks

Troy Grubb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Unfortunatelly, no resolution/suggestions so far. Maybe we need to contact SAP. For now, my users have READ/WRITE permission to the folders where there is at least one KM Document iView attached.

Regards

Fernando Urzedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed out that part....

With READ ....... you can just view the contents(no delete, no editing, no uploading)

READ/WRITE.. you can read, edit and upload more docs but no delete

DELETE ..... you can just delete but no edit,no upload

FULL CONTROL.. You can do all above

-Dileep