cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize UWL Refresh option.

0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We customized UWL just to leave 1 tab ( Tasks ) and we are now also translating the different options to different languajes .

But I still dont see how can I change the options inside the dropdown for ( Refresh , Personalize iview , Manage substitution rules , display connection status )

I know its possible to set to invisible the substitution rules , connection status ,... but I wonder if we can somehow change the display of the resfresh option setting it as a button in the fist screen of the UWL to be more accesible .

Is it possible ¿?

Regards

Álvaro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to Personalize the UWL. Check this [Link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3461636-0301-0010-3787-978f5ac8bd45].

Regards,

Surjtih

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow my post and use my xml to add refresh as a button:

0 Kudos

Dear all ,

Finally we made it , adding code to the XML :

What I cannot do is show the Refresh option as a buton , its shown as a string with link . And I cannot place it in a different place , the code for refresh is in the standar UWL XML , this cannot be modified or erased .

Do you know the propper properties ¿? .

Regard

Álvaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

Unfortunately you can't change the way the refresh action is displayed, you can only display the link on the first page as explained in my previous post.

Regards,

Pierre

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pierre / Alvaro,

Well it's possible. Have a look at my post in below thread.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I added the code to display the Refresh button in the DefaultView in the uwl.standard.xml file but it doesn't work. It is still displayed as a link.

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

as Like this "refresh " button , I want to add the link for " Manage Substitution Rules" . i have added the "Action reference" in the default view of the Standard XMLfile.

<Action reference="launchSubstitutionManager"/>

but the link " launchSubstitutionManager" is not appearing in the UWL Header table.

it would be a great help if you can share your views regarding this.

Raji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

If you want to display the refresh link on the first page you have to add the action to the DefaultView in the uwl.standard.xml file :

1. go to System Admin > System Config > UWL & WF > UWL Admin and click on "Click to Manage Item Types and View Definitions"

2. select uwl.standard configuration and click on "Download Configuration" button at the bottom of the page

3. click on "Download Configuration uwl.standard" link and save the file

4. open the xml file and search for "<View name="DefaultView""

5. add "<Action reference="refresh"/>" between the "Actions" tags

6. upload the new configuration via the "Upload New Configuration" tab. Use uwl.standard.<customer> for the configuration name, select the xml file and check the High Priority option

7. you may have to clear the cache (System Admin > System Config > UWL & WF > UWL Admin then "Cache Administration Page" link)

Regards,

Pierre