cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a print layout for Transaction Journal Report. I have the system variabe 65 in the report that displays the document type (for A/P Invoice is PU). Where can I modify this system variabile so that my report will write NIR instead of PU. Is there a language configuration file for these variables? Where can I find a list with all the system variables from reports? And also can I access this system variables from code (SDK)?

Thank you so much!

Irina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irina,

In answer to your questions:

1) You cannot modify the system variable but you could create additional formula fields to translate the value in variable 65 in to the value you want to see. For example:

a) Create a text field with the value PU (hide this)

b) Create a formula field that compares the field showing variable 65 with the field in step a (hide this)

c) Create a text field with the value NIR. Link this to the field in step b so that it is shown or hidden according to whether the formula returns true of false.

d) Hide the field showing variable 65

You'd need to repeat those steps for each possible value of variable 65. Hope that makes sense!

2)I don't believe there is a language configuration file for these variables. Maybe someone else knows more information on this.

3) SAP do not supply a list of all the variables used in reports. It might be worth searching the forum as some members may have provided lists of their own.

4) No, you cannot access system variables via the SDK.

Hope this helps,

Owen

Answers (0)