Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage bin during MIGO

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am an MM guy and i am experimenting in WM. I am trying to receive from MIGO material and i want to define to which storage bin is going.

I have created a warehouse and storage bin type and i have created 2 storage bins.

Is it possible to manually enter during MIGO the storage bin i want?

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot specify the bin during MIGO because MIGO is as IM transaction and you can specify the Sloc and it will be received at interim GR area if you are receiving the material. However, if the plant+sloc is WM managed then it will create a TR based on the IM posting and further the configurstion that you have done on the basis of movement type etc, fixed bin/dynamic bin the TR/TO will be created by the system.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanx

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

thanx for you quick answer. So what can i do during MIGO? In customizing i have the MvmType 101 but in order MIGO to be completed i have to set there a storage bin.

The problem is that i do not want to receive mats in the same bin all the time.

So let suppose i am a warehouse guy, how to define upon receiving of materials to where in the warehouse these are going?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the path IMG-Logistice execution-warehouse management-activities-transfers-define movement type and select the warehouse and movement type 101 combination and display....in the src(source bin) will be 902 ie GR area and check the SCR box which will make the bin dynamic ie the storage type will be 902 and bin no will be PO/STO no all the time. next step will be TO creation for putaway based on the putawaty strategy...

Regards,

Vijay kumar

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but this result in creating Storage bins automatically. So during MIGO there is no such possibility? If no, how can i proceed? With transfer orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a direct way....the answer is no but you can control it using movement type. in a broader way, you can control the sloc during MIGO. if plant+Sloc is assigned to WM, then it will have an extra TAB as WM. in this TAB you can see a check box No transfer requireemnt. if this box is unchecked then this material posting will create a Transfer requireemnt based on the bin control in movement type as mentioned in earlier post. you can see this TR in table LTBK. also, if this TR control is checked then also you can make the TO using Tcode LT06. else, make TO against this TR using LT04.

Regards,

Vijay

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have this tab (WM). There i expected the storage bin field. Anyway, so o receive the goods and the system creates automatically a storage bin and a Transfer Order. Then i have to move based on the TO the material from one bin to another? If yes, how? Also, Isn't it double job? To receive and then to transfer?

sorry for so many quest. but i do not have any know how in WM and i am trying to understand the logic.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WM and IM are separate things. the PO may contain mant items which first needs to be inspected first for inspection by the warehouse clerk before actually bringing inside the warehouse. There is something called GR area which is the area where Goods are received and Transfer requirement is generated to actually transfer it to warehouse. the other option is some materials will be received in Sloc which is not WM managed ...those will be received in this GR area. in WM this is called storage type 902. now that we have different materials which are lying in 902 stoarge type we need to move it inside the warehouse. for each material/WH we have different strategt for stock putaway. hence the syatem can generate a TO taking into consideration the strategy defined in customizing and Material master WM1/WM2 views.

I would suggest you to go through SCM630 study material and help.sap.com for indepth answer.

Regards,

Vijay

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay, Thanx for a very prompt answer. Actually this is the case. In the Warehouse my client have a seperate area, the goods receipt area. This is where i make the MIGO, am i wright? Then a TO must be created in order to enter the materials in the warehouse? So, because there is a goods receipt area should i have the plant and st. loc as not WM managed? Because i created the tabs in the material master data. Also what do you mean by strategy in WM and Material Master?

Many thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The GR area will always be there whether or not you have the WM active. you assign plant and Sloc to a particular Warehouse in customizing. Hence, when you enter the plant and receiving Sloc in MIGO, the system checks whether this combo is WM managed or not. if yes, then a new Tab WM appears in MIGO. as per WM, the warehouse management activity is initiated because of IM posting in the WM managed area or PGR of IBD in the palnt/sloc which is again WM managed.

coming to your question, if the material is received in a WM managed location, as i told you in configuartion for movement type it can be received in storage type 902 (which is your GR area) and you can have a fixed bin or dynamic bin. because of this IM posting in WM area the system will generate a transfer requireemnt(TR) which will move the material to st type 902 and bin as the PO no if dynamic bin is active in config. after you create the TO from this TR and confirm it the system status of the received material will show as lying in st type 902 and bin as the PO no. next step is that now you move it to inside of Warehouse. you have many defferent st type, stoarage section and storage bin which needs to be configured in config settings. eg some material may be hazardous and needs to be put in a st a type which is typically made for such kind of material or some materials may be put in refregeration area. Hence, next step will be putaway the received material into a storage type (eg bulk, high rack, fixed etc) and a storage section and stoarge bin..The system does this based on a strategy. the path in SPRO is IMG-LE-WM-Strategies-putaway strategies and there you have list of strategy to select. also, if you check the Material master WM1 view you can see the tab storage strategies which have spl movement indicator, stock placement etc. these also affect the next step of creating TO to putaway material in Warehouse.

Regards,

Vijay

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

So basically with MIGO, materials are entered in GR area. I made a migo with dynamic storage bin, and the system shows at the Where tab the storage bin i wanted, and at the WM tab a dynamic storage bin (so basically 2 storage bins) and the No of TR. so then, from LT10 i create the TO? Should i based on the No of TR?

Many thanx