cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall SAP instance failed with TypeError: dir_profile has no properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi professionals,

I have a server that has been installed with a few SAP application instance serving different SID. Recenlty, I wish to remove one instance from the server, but the following error is encountered.

ERROR 2009-07-20 11:42:40

FJS-00003 TypeError: dir_profile has no properties (in script NW_Uninstall|ind|ind|ind|ind, line 38566: ???)

I checked that in the start profile of the instance (I wish to remove), DIR_PROFILE is already defined and can be accessed by the ID that I currently logon to run the uninstallation program. What else I have to do to rectify the problem ?

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana.

This problem is coming because your mount point is not correct or this directory is not mounted properly.

You can check below notes which are similar to your problem from where you can get idea of this error:

Note 874049 - Termination caused by incorrect mount point

Note 668312 - Central Note - Installing EP 6.0 SP2 CD Serial No. 51020462

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for your reply. But seems it is not my case.

Note 874049 - Termination caused by incorrect mount point

- I am not using UNIX. If it is really related to mount point, I guess the uninstall program may refer to some other instance on the same server instead of the one I wish to remove. As I mentioned, I have more than 1 instance on the same server, and are serving different SID.

Note 668312 - Central Note - Installing EP 6.0 SP2 CD Serial No. 51020462

- the exact message mentioned in the note is not the one I encountered. So, I don't think I should change the control.xml according to the suggestion.

regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I manage to solve the problem !

I use an ID which has access to ALL instance's sapmnt folder (though only need to remove one instance) and the uninstall can be completed.

e.g. I have a server have APP instance installed for DEV, TRN, if I need to remove DEV only, I cannot use devadm to logon to conduct the uninstallation. For devadm cannot access the sapmnt folder of TRN. So, I have to use an ID have access to both DEV and TRN's sapmnt folder to do the uninstallation