cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEWB: Change tab tittle when creating an extension type ACTIVITY_H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Gurus,

I am using transaction EEWB to extend the object BUSINESS_ACTIVITY. There are two extension types: CUSTOMER_H and ACTIVITY_H. Both of them create an additional tab that contains the new fields. I have two questions about this:

1.- Which differences exist between them?? When must be

used one and when the other? Can I use both at the

same time?

2.- With the method CRM_CUSTOMER_H_SET_TITLE of

the Badi definition CRM_CUSTOMER_H_BADI, you can

change the tittle of the additional tab when using

CUSTOMER_H extension type. But when you are using

ACTIVITY_H extension type, instead

CRM_CUSTOMER_H_BADI the system triggers

CRM_ACTIVITY_H_BADI, and that Badi doesn´t have any

method to change the tab tittle. Anybody knows how

to change the tittle tab in this case???

Any suggestion will be of great aid.

Thanks in advance.

Rosa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

The difference between ACTIVITY_H and CUSTOMER_H is very simple:

CUSTOMER_H is an SAP delivered segment of the business transaction to contain CUSTOMER defined Header fields for the business transaction.

ACTIVITY_H is an SAP delivered segment of the business transaction designed to hold data specific to business transactions that have a business object type of "Activity"

It is possible to use both at the same time. The normal practice is to use CUSTOMER_H for any new customer fields.

The reason why you don't have a BADI method to change the title of the fields on the tab that corresponds to ACTIVITY_H is that the CUSTOMER_H badi is designed to help "build a tab from the ground up". In other words the ACTIVITY_H is used to help reflect new behavior in that segment, while CUSTOMER_H badi is used to define how that segment will behave.

The simple solution is to use CUSTOMER_H. I really have never seen a valid reason to enhance the other segments of the business transaction header.

Let me know if you need additional clarification,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

thank you so much for your quick answer. It clarifies me some concepts.

It is possible to use both at the same time. The

normal practice is to use CUSTOMER_H for any new

customer fields.

Thus, two tabs will appear,that´s true????

The simple solution is to use CUSTOMER_H. I really

have never seen a valid reason to enhance the other

segments of the business transaction header.

Could you show me one example where it would be absolutely necessary to use ACTIVITY_H extension?? I try to understand it.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rosa

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

Yes you would have both a "custom field" tab and an "activity" tab if you created new custom fields for the business transaction.

The only valid reason why you would ever want to extend activity_h is you need to add a field that must be updated/validated at the same time as the "activity_h" fields. Since CUSTOMER_H is a considered a separate segment, the fields will not be validated/updated at the same time as your activity_h fields in the transaction processing.

The best case scenario would be a value of one field on ACTIVITY_H influences the behavior of the new custom field. However this scenario still can be achieved with CUSTOMER_H extensions. The only issue is that if a user however never "touches" the customer_h segement then coding in the customer_h badi to implement this logic will not be in effect.

I hope that clarifies things a little more. I would still recommend sticking to CUSTOMER_H unless your requirements look similar to the scenario I described above.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

your last reply clarifies me the difference enough more.

Is a luck to keep in contact with great experts as you.

Thanks for all.

Rosa (not Carlos )

Answers (0)