cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Field in Business Partner General Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on a mySAP CRM 4.0 implementation.

I would like to extend the business partner data with this new three field:

1) Capital Stock

2) Base Number

3) Sales pl.

The three field are Dun & BradStreet information.

I created a BSP that show all Business Partner General Data and now we want to show also those fields.

In order to extend the BP data we received two suggestion:

The first one is to use the BP marketing Attributes.

The second is to use the Easy Enhancement Workbench.

I know that advantages of the EEW is the automatic creation of the layout (BSP & DYNPRO).

Doo you have any suggestion??

It's a good solution to use the EEW??

Thanks a lot.

Eugenio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If u are talking about capturing additional data about BP, BDT would be a good choice(transaction BUPT). You will have to use the event DSAVB to store the data of those additional fields into the database table.

if EEWB does not work properly then it will be hard to track where the problem is.

Also, when I used EEWB it gave me an error saying that u can use it only 10 times, mean u can create only 10 extensions.

Also, Visual config. tool(VCT, transaction BUCO) can be used to change the screen sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks a lot for the fast reply.

I have to add some information:

The end-user will use the application only in PC-UI mode (through Enterprise Portal).

We are customizing the BSP application (Accounts).

I know that in past some colleagues used the EEW to extend or to add some field to application BP. I remember that the field (after Enhancement the new fields was visible in SAPGUI mode and in BSP mode).

Now my questions are the following:

1) Are you sure that I can use EEW only 10 times??

2) We are using the BAPI (CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE) in order to add Business Partner in the system; after the creation of the new fields with EEW the BAPI (CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE) will be able to insert the new fields?? Or we need to extend this BAPI with new fields?

The second question is very important for us because we have to import in the system about 30.000.000 of Business Partners.

Kind Regards.

Eugenio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugenio,

<i>2) We are using the BAPI (CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE) in order to add Business Partner in the system; after the creation of the new fields with EEW the BAPI (CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE) will be able to insert the new fields?? Or we need to extend this BAPI with new fields?</i>

<b>Yes. You will be able to insert the new fields provided you use EEWB. The import structure of the BAPI will be extended automatically if you use EEWB. The new import structure would contain the added fields along with the standard fields for the BP.</b>

<i>1) Are you sure that I can use EEW only 10 times??</i>

<b>No. I had gone through the EEW guide and at no place it is mentioned that we can use EEW only 10 times.</b>

Hope I answered your queries to the point!

Jash.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey u said u want to add 30.000.000 of Business Partners.

but for 30.000.000 of Business Partners u will have to use EEWB JUST ONCE.

so there is no problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to everybody.

Very helpful answers.

Bye.

Eugenio.

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to show this information along with other BP general info, I think EEW would be a better option. In future you can build other standard functionalities like search on these fields etc.

Marketing attribute won't give you those flexibility.

Regards,

Kaushal