Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions on eSOA

former_member268877
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anyone give answers to following questions in simple terminologies with example, which can help starters to understand without any complexity?

1) What is Web Service?

2) What is Proxy? Why do we need Proxy?

3) What is Integration Server ? and how is different from Integration repository and Integration Directory?

4) Imporatnce of each option on left side panel in SXMB_MONI transaction result detail list?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ujwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link for more information:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/9b/dad1ae3908ee44a5caf57e10918be9/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For starters I suggest to go through wikipedia for simple explanation. Do not use SAP definitions from begining but first read wikipedia and then goto SAP help.

>1) What is Web Service?

Webservice is callable entity which is compliance with global standards (i.e. WSDL, XML, SOAP etc), it is similar to any function or procedure but can be called from any platform/technology which can understand webservice standards (WDDL/SOAP etc). The main characterstic of webservice is cross-platform integration, i.e. webservice on unix can be called from windows application.

>2) What is Proxy? Why do we need Proxy?

As name suggest, proxy is dummy representative of actual entity. and in programming world proxy provide local representation of external entity. For example weather webservice reside on external webserver but in your local system you can create proxy of external webserver i.e. weather and you can treat it just like local class and internally that proxy will call external entity.

>3) What is Integration Server ? and how is different from Integration repository and Integration Directory?

Integration server: it is server which used by XI to execute mapping and other programs, it is actual location where things executed.

Integration repository: it is place where we design, inteface, mappings, and other definition. You can think of it as developer area.

Integration directory: it is place where we configure design to execute on integration server.

>4) Imporatnce of each option on left side panel in SXMB_MONI transaction result detail list?

Well for this you must read more about XI. but still I can give you hint. Left side consist all steps executed on integration server for transferring message from source to target. It consist header information i.e. who executed message what is platfor, from where it is coming and where it is going.

Body part contain "payload" which is actual message. If you click on every steps you can see how payload changes after mapping.

You have trace for every step as well to explain what happened in that step.

Regards,

Gourav

former_member268877
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav and Siva,

Thanks for your answers.

Only thing which i am trying to understand now is how to make use of various options available in SXMB_MONI

transaction. As of now i have sued it only to see if message is successfully processed or not and to check the source and target input data.

Regards,

Ujwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For checking input message.

Goto ->XML Message->Inbound Message->Payloads->MainDocument

For checking output message.

Goto ->XML Message->Call Adapter->Payloads->MainDocument

If you expand all nodes you will see similar structure of nodes and with similar and detailed information about every steps.

Message content normally changed after "Request Message Mapping" step.

Regards,

Gourav

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As of now i have sued it only to see if message is successfully processed or not and to check the source and target input data.

Other than checking the message processing status you can also see:

1) Time taken by the Message processing in each of the Pipeline Step

2) What all Configuration objects are involved in the message processing (Sender and receiver CC, MI, IM used)....these details will be visible in the Trace file

3) You can also see the Sender and receiver details, user, QoS etc...

If you open each and every sub-section of the Pipeline Step you will come to know what are its contents

Not only in a normal message processing but also an important part of BPM monitoring.

Regards,

Abhishek.