How to control delivery quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow SAPients..

Need a help.

I have requirement like..

Example:

Sales Order of 50MT

Here I need to restrict quantity for delivery..

Means I want to deaspatch only 20MT and the rest 30MT should be blocked till I dont get any instruction for 30MT.

Here I should b able to create multiple deliveries but the total quantity should not go beyond 20MT.

How should I go about this?

Quick reply wil b appricable..

Thanks n Regards,

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Why do you want customizing for this? Is the delivery creation in your company manual / automatic?

If manual, then ask the person who creates the delivery to change the delivery quantity. For eg when a sales order is raised for 50MT, then when you create delivery, change the quantity to 20MT. Then when you got the indication to delivery the rest, then again create the delivery for remaining quantity.

If automatic, then you will 1st need to decide how much % of quantity you are going to delivery initially. For eg 40% or 50% of the sales order quantity. Put the condition in delivery creation prog SAPMV50A.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanand,

Thanks for quick reply..

Here actually scenario is that, the delivery creation is manual but the person who gets the instructions that "how much to despatch" and the person who does the actaul deaspatch, both are different so the person who is despatching the goods should have restriction for the given quantity and he should not be abale to increase the quantity beyond the restriction..

The suggestion you gave was suggested by me also to my client but it is not acceptable to them...

In client's language they want a control and tracking for the quantity between Sales Order and Delivery...

Is there any way out??

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

So basically this would mean that person who gets teh instruction si different from person creating the delivery.

Never mind, since delivery creation is manual, ask the person who gets the instruction inform the person who creates the delivery as to how much quantity is to be delivered.

When your client donot want to go for automatic proces, then ask them to go for manual updates.

Coz when the decision reg how much quantity is to be delivered is manual, how can you automate the process?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivannad,

Your answer is very logical and executable also but it is not practical enough for the client.. they will communicate the instructions for how much to despatch but they want control on that. MAnual and Verbal control is not enough for them..

Regards,

HP