cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ and use of SLM to deploy SPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is probably a rhetorical question .... or a futures question that SAP won't answer...

Currently you can use maint organizer (MOPZ) to calculate the SP download requirements and Software Lifecycle Manager (SLM) to download support packages (as of SPS 14) and deploy those support packages (as of SPS 18). Can you use MOPZ/SLM just to deploy SPs? Currently MOPZ makes you choose between SLM and Download basket at download time. If I choose download basket does that preclude using SLM to deploy? I haven't yet got SLM working for download so I can't answer my own question.

What about QA and Prod? I no longer need to download SPs, but SLM deployment would be of interest. Can you COPY a MOPZ transaction for QA and Prod? This would be the futures part of the question...

Ken Chamberlain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yeah, check execute bit for /sapmnt/SID/global/SDT/exe/* on Linux/Unix (and keep on checking as new SLC may be deployed without bit set)!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for that,

Sorry about the late reply. I did do the checks and the ones which relate to Check Proxy settings for downloads, Check proxy settings for web services and Check SMP user and SP web service all fail, all the others pass.

OK, for the proxy settings, (which my network admin swears I do not need) all the tests fail, with connection refused.

For the SMP user and SP web test, I get the following error:-

I also get this error in the xml output, "XML Serialization Error. Property [IV_UNAME] of class [com.sap.slm.interfaces.proxies.sp.types.BORM_SWDC_API_SLM_SP_GET_DL] must exist and can not be null. This is required by schema description.

Now I geuss this is the Service Marketplace System ID, but I'm asking. Any ideas?

Cheers.

JamesBlair
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this same issue -

Report the following error to SAP: SLM encountered an internal exception (WebserviceException): Failed to call webservice 'URL_SUPPORT_PACKAGES'. The reason is: XML Serialization Error. Property [IV_UNAME] of class [com.sap.slm.interfaces.proxies.sp.types.BORM_SWDC_API_SLM_SP_GET_DL] must exist and can not be null. This is required by schema description.

In our case, all the Happiness checks are successful.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run /n/TMWFLOW/MOPZCFG there are one or more SLM's defined? Click on the SLM configuration icon of the one you use. Your managed system is listed under Software Logistics Controller? You've deployed SLC on managed system?

Press execute icon (top left, when you hover over it, it says "check the configuration"), check everything. The checks are all green? In particular Check SLM-SLC connection for managed system is green? Certain OS (AIX) needs another set-uid-root kernel executable (sapuxusercheck). Use display with XML fro detailed messages.

You can't apply notes to the java side, so search through SWDL on OSS for patched java support packages, particularly LMTOOLS04.SCA and SWLIFECYCL04.SCA (the more patched java SPs you find and deploy, the more java bugs you've bypassed ... but SAP is really silent on dependancies).

good luck

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

We access SAP network (OSS) via VPN. There is a note that describes the requirements. So one of our SAP servers can route (in a tcp/ip sense) to sapserv1. My solution manager does not run on this host, so I placed a static route on the SM host: route host sapserv1 via gateway host-which-knows-how-to-get-to-sapserv1-via-vpn-?-see-SAPOSS-RFC. Note that the two hosts need to be on the same subnet for a static route. Now SM host can get to sapserv1. I then used proxy sapserv1 port 8080 in the SLM config.

Proxy does not deal with DNS, and some of SMP addressses have dynamic IPs, so it is best if your SM host has DNS set-up.

Ken Chamberlain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid screen prints would only expose my local sap set-up that I'm not willling to share. Follow closely the HOW-to. When you get stuck (and I got stuck a few times) look at my hints in previous posts to see if that help, or ask a specific question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I configured SLM on my test solman, where I have two satellite systems connected to ("playing" dev and prd).

They are in one solution, so I have one MOPZ procedure for both systems.

The download works, SLM self update works, implementing ABAP packages on dev (SPAM.properties) works. There is a little funny thing, I tried to implement an ABAP SP stack, but in the first step only the basis sp was applied. But this is not a bug, it is a feature (there should always be a stable system while implementing the other SPs).

The only thing that is needed further is a shared download directory (/EPS/in on solman) so that the satellite system can reach the patches.

Next week I try the java procedure, which should work even easier, I hope...

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works! Well https connnection to www.sap.com through sapservx proxy port 8080 tests pass!

Hints:

Connection is https, so SM java side must trust! Make sure SAP's CA (GTE Cyber Trust Global Root) is listed in VA services > Keystore > Trusted CAs.

proxy IP resolution is done your side of sapserv proxy. My sap system doesn't do DNS ... I needed to resolve SAP MarketPlace hosts - there's about 30 - and store in my local hosts file.

Need to add proxy to SM webservices - VA > services > webservice container > Runtime (top tab) > lower tab settings, enter proxy info sapservx, x=1, 2, or3. port 8080. Exclude your own domain.

Now I'll try to let SLM downloaad something! Perhaps SPS 20 for SM 7!

Ken Chamberlain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

You mentioned you got it to work. My question is are you behind a proxy or firewall of some sort?

I'm trying my Solution Manager installation but I'm behind a company proxy, so I'm not sure whether I should put my company's proxy settings which I can find in my Internet Explorer settings or the sapservX that you mentioned. Anyway I tried my company's proxy and it rejects my request with Error 407 even setting it with my own intranet credentials

Can you please share what else did you do?

Did you have to put the sapservX as the proxy setting in transaction /TMWFLOW/MOPZCFG? When I do a "Check only connections to SMP and storage controller connetion" test connection from there, and it doesnt work either setting the proxy as sapserv1 or my company's proxy

Cheers

Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm on SolMan SP20 and have configured /n/TMWFLOW/MOPZCFG for the managed system.

All the checks in this transaction work fine.

The SLM via the url <hostname>/slm shows that the system SDE is present.

Yet when I lauch MO for this solution, I still get the Error message "No configured SLM for <SID>.

But this is not correct as there is the <SID> defined in /n/TMWFLOW/MOPZCFG.

Was there anything that you did additionally to get the MO to recognise that system was defined in the SLM?

Thanks,