Did you mean: 

project legacy data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my project is going live in august 01.can you guide me on the following

1.projects till july 2009

2.values for the project till july 2009

please guide for the above.what steps i have to follow.

Thanks

cra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.projects till july 2009

Upload the current projects into the SAP system and do the relase and further activities manually to make this project as current.

2.values for the project till july 2009

Upload the values to SAP system with respect to the WBS. In order to do that do the manual posting through FB50 t.code. And seetle the cost using CJ8G.

Thanks

S.Murali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question seems to be relate to Cut over stratergy.

The projects which are on going then only for pending work related portion create the project structure .

If Grr is being done only Vendor payment is pending then keep it outside system , upload only vendor balances. You can give ref. as WBS element

IF GRR is pending then generate the requirement forcefully through project and kept it open

Same case applicalbe for Sales order , if the matreial is dispatched then upload only Customer balance with ref to WBS

If material is in stock , Upload the stock against above created WBS element/element and then dispatch.

During This please also closely look out for system status.

Remember Half way project have to be tracked manually till completation of project.

Regards,

Sameer Wad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will upload only the projects that are active.

Please suggest how to upload the project values and the projects that are related to assets ?

Thanks

cra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow this steps.

1. Upload the project and WBS elements using LSMW (CJ20N)

2. Upload the budget for the projects and WBS elements (CJ30)

3. Release the Projects and WBS which is uploaded in step 1 ( Manual release only there is no automatic or collective rlese function) ( CJ20N)

4. Relase the budget for projects and WBS elements (CJ32)

5. Do the FI posting for the WBS elments( Asset valuse) using FB50 t.code ( Your outstanding AUC values you need to post to the WBS in this way only)

6. Do the settlement for the WBS element to AUC using CJ8G ( If required consult with your buisness before doing this step)

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,i folllowed all the steps.

Please can you explain more on the following

Do the FI posting for the WBS elments( Asset valuse) using FB50 t.code ( Your outstanding AUC values you need to post to the WBS in this way only)

If i take an example of one project,whether i need to post the total asset under construction value to one wbs element and the posting

Dr Asset under construction account

Cr Legacy asset

regds

cra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are correct, but check this before doing

Dr Asset under construction account ( PS Conversion account)

Cr Legacy asset (Cut over account Project Systems since we dont have legacy system we follwed this acc)

This accounts we followed at the time of cutover activities.

I think both are same except the name.

You can go ahead with this...

Thanks

S.Murali

Edited by: S. Murali on Jul 22, 2009 1:20 PM