cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 Post Installatio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed successfully ECC 6.0 on Windows 2003 server with MS SQL. Please let me know the post installation steps I need to configure.

I found out few steps like RZ04, SMLG, STMS, SCC4, SE06, SM28 etc. But let me know why they are needed, how can i do them, the order and steps to perform these.

I want to make 3 clients 111 (dev), 222 (QA), 333 (prd). Also I want to configure the tranport system between these 3 clients.

Currently I logged in as DDIC, I want to create users with SU01 with role of developer, configuration authority (mostly all the rights).

Regards,

B

Edited by: bp.sap on Jul 19, 2009 11:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For

make 3 clients 111 (dev), 222 (QA), 333 (prd).

refer the link belwo

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Thanks for the reply. Points assigned. Is it mandatory to install Sol Mgr for the ECC 6.0?

Regards,

B

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why 3 client?

All ABAP program are equivalent, because programs are mandant indenpendent components You should test nothing after changes.

Transport system normally working between different SAP systems,for local transport use SCC1 transaction between different clients.

For learning at home use, please use [SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 - Trial Version|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/50c58b14-da6d-2a10-ca94-a3c0937828d6] or a full IDES system (for your fnd) with customizing, demonstration data and 3 mandant

Imre

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to make 3 clients 111 (dev), 222 (QA), 333 (prd). Also I want to configure the tranport system between these 3 clients.

This is not the way it works... you're not supposed to have a production client in the same system as DEV or QA.

Please review your strategy. Is this a test system or a real scenario?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI juan,

Thanks for the reply. This is just a test system I installed at home.

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bp.sap,

All the post installation steps are available in the installation guide that you will find at below link.

If you need more information then you can find that at sap online documentation.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/instguides

The tcodes you mentioned can be done in below order.

RZ10 - Import profile.

SM28 - Installation check.

SE06 - Post installation step for transport organizer.

STMS - TMS Configuration.

SCC4 - Create client.

RZ04 and SMLG tcodes are not coming under post installation steps.

The details steps you can find at help.sap.com

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the reply. Points assigned.

Let me know in which client I need to do the post installation steps. Is it 001 or 000?

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go with 000.

Also

Is it mandatory to install Sol Mgr for the ECC 6.0?

while installing Ecc6 dint u got the pop asking for solman key???

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Yes, I got the pop up for sol mgr key. One of my frd gave me the key and I installed with it.

Currently I am logging with user id DDIC and doing the post installation steps in 001. I will do the Transport mgt System in 000. How can I create users and in which client I need to create them. Once I create the users in a client, how can I transport them to other clients.

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Golden client or master client is the one which is having customizing and development etc.

When you install SAP you will get the default three clients

000 SAP AG

066 Early-watch

001 back up client

from 000 you copy and create your own client(Say 800 or 801 ) and use it for your customizing and development purpose.

Please check the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6c/a74a3735a37273e10000009b38f839/content.htm

Take a look @ post

I got the pop up for sol mgr key. One of my frd gave me the key and I installed with it.

SAP recommends u to install SolMan, Any ways as its for ur practice u have installed, so u have got the sol-man key.

Thank you,

Ravi