cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection by customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am aware that we can do the inspection by vendors maintaining quality infor record but what is the control of inspecting by customers.Lets say if I set up 10 at the material level and same part should be sent to 5 different customers .So ins type 10 would generate the inspection lot for all the 5 customers at the time of outbound delivery as I set up 10 at the material level but I need only 2 customers needs to be inspected and for others lot should not get generated.

how to control this ? customer info record will help me?, if yes pls let me know the process.

Akash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

how to control this ? customer info record will help me?, if yes pls let me know the process.

Yes this can very well acheived by QM control in SD

In QV51>Customer & Sales org specific>In Customer Specs>Delivery cat= No inspection -& Qulity inspection>Before Deli

Maintain No Inspection only for those Customer for which you don't want to Inspect.

for rest inspection lot of 10 will be generated.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sujit,

I tried exactly what you said to make no inspection but when i dont see any option for the same in customer info record.

I went to customer specs and see the delivery category has only 3 option which was sample,replacement and series.

I dont see any option for No inspection...please advice

Akash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check your inspection plan & material assignment in QP02,if the customer has been mapped for that material,then de-assign it and save the inspection plan.

Now system will not create inspection lot for that customer,as it not exists in inspection plan.

I hope this would help you..

regards

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello anbu,

There is no provision for customers in inspection plan to inspect by customers .

I think thru QV51 is possible but not sure how to set the No inspection in customer info record as I dont see the option in there.

pls help

akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do it through material assignment in QP02.

Just open QP02 enter your group name and then select the header(Cap) button,there you could see the material assignment button.Just press it and then you can enter the counter/plant/material and customer for which you want to create Inspection lot.

Then test your scenarios.

or In QV51 just go to create customer specification and then choose the radio button "by customer" which is under quality inspection.

Hope the above the two solution will work...let me know if you find any difficulties.

Regards

Anbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anbu,

I tried with two solutions and it is not working . first option will not work because we dont have option to mention the customer

in qp02 as I told you earlier in material assignment.even if we have option ....ins lot will get created based on the set up in mm

which I really dont want the lot to be created

second option..i changed it to by customer and that is also not working.

I dont want the inspction lot created for all the customers who requested for the same part.I need ins lots created only

for few customers.rest of them lot should not get triggered.

pls advice

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its working for me..I am using 4.7 version

I have choose 'by customer' in QV52 and created a sale order..inspection lot has not been created for that customer.

Just verify the table whether "by customer" flag has been set correctly .

Regards

Anbu