cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a Field from DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its on LO Datasource, i want to remove a field from a standard datasource from selection criteria. I don't want the field in my extractor itself. Your answers are appreciated and rewarded.

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Goto R/3 -> RSA6 -> Select the datsource -> edit -> in the list of fields for that datasource remove the "check flag" for the selection. Save the datasource.

The other method would be to goto BW -> transfer structure -> Data str/transfer str -> You would find the selection check box there. Uncheck and activate the transfer structure/rules.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

For that you would have to goto LBWE and select the datasource and unselect the fields that you do not want.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Thanks for the reply, yet the question is not solved IN LBWE i presume we can select from the pool, but i don't think we can remove any standard field from the list. I tried it didn't let me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I dont think its good practice to remove standard fields from a standard datasource.

Just leave it there and it wont do any harm.

If required hide it or remove it from selection.But do not remove it(i believe even SAP suggests the same).

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

As suggested by the able gurus, if u hide it as well if you don't map it in BW then their is no problem becoz the field won't be populated in BW.

removing it is a bit not suggested by SAP.

thanks

neelkamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

My friends thanls for your replies, the question wasn't clear. Its the standard field in DS, and my question is i don't need that field at all. Selection, Hide, Cancellation and Inversion is later part. Prior to that itself i want to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following the above points given by our friends it will take out the field from selection criteria how ever if u want it to be eliminated use the HIDE check box .

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal

You could do this in RSA6 edit mode of your datasource.

Thnaks

Sat

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kunal,

try rsa6, point your datasource and 'edit',

in datasource maintenance screen try remove checkmark from column 'selection' for that datasource and save the datasource and replicate again from bw.

hope this helps.