Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate button and generate derived button in change Authrozations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question can any one help.

I have one parent role and 10 Child roles. I updated transaction code in parent role did i want to generate the parent role with generate button or else i only select generate derived button and derive the child roles.

Parent role already generated. Every time if i update anything do i want to generate parent and child individually or only first time when role is creating

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generate derived also generates the parent, in one go. Every time you change something in the parent roles' authorizations you'll have to regenerate the derived roles as well.

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Jul 19, 2009 11:40 AM

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have one parent role and 10 Child roles. I updated transaction code in parent role did i want to generate the parent role with generate button or else i only select generate derived button and derive the child roles.

>

> Parent role already generated. Every time if i update anything do i want to generate parent and child individually or only first time when role is creating

>

Conceptually Parent role is used for providing access to users / user assignment. So you don't need to generate it's profile in particular when there is any changes have been made in menu entry. But you should allow the authorization proposals into it (by entering into the authorization data by using "Read Old status & merge w/ New data") so that all it's child are also updated with the same proposals.

For the first time when you create the role which is used as Parent in future, you should generate the role. But not required in later stage. You need to save the changed proposals and use "Generate Derived" to generate the derive roles if there are no New Organization Level field has come. If yes, then you hopefully want to provide the specific values for that Org. Level in the Derived roles.. and save... lastly you can generate them in one shot from Parents (doing so would be good practice)...

Or you can generate them separately when you enters into them to provide the New org. field value for this time.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

> You need to save the changed proposals and use "Generate Derived" to generate the derive roles

In my belief this also generates the profile for the parent role. Actually, when you hit the button to generate the derived roles in the popup it reads:

You require the following authorizations to perform this action: 1. Change all derived roles (S_USER_AGR, ACTVT=02) 2. Save generated profile names (beginning with 'T-'), if there are derived roles with no profile names (S_USER_PRO, ACTVT=01) 3. Delete the authorizations in the derived roles and transfer the data from the original role (both S_USER_VAL) 4. Generate the profiles for the original role and for all derived roles (S_USER_AGR, ACTVT=64)