Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make WD Application accessable through Intenet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a WD Application.

1) how can I call this Application through Internet. Or make it accessable through Internet.

2) the secon is how can I protect this page with User Login

Reagards

Marco M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

You can protect your application, using the hook method wddobeforenavigation(), available in the component Method. Double-click the main component, click Method and then double-click wddobeforenavigation. Implement a couple of simple statements (must not be object oriented) with a Message E statement like this:

method WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION .
  if sy-uname <> 'YOU'.
    message ID 'AD' TYPE 'E' number '010' with 'not allowed'.
  endif.
endmethod.

In this case, when anybody else starts your application, it errors out.

Of course, you can manage any access via your basis person!

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinz thank you for your reply.

But why sy-uname ?

There is no SAP running. He starts this page not out of SAP.

There is only a Web-URL which can be called.

Suppose the user calls this page through internet browser.

I dont understand the correlaton between sy-uname and internet page while it is called.

@Lekha I mean without portal

Regards

Marco

Edited by: Marco M on Jul 21, 2009 12:39 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we do that through portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

But why sy-uname ?

When you are starting the application via URL, you are somehow required to connect to SAP. That's where you have to identify yourself as an SAP user. Of course, you have not to use SY-UNAME, you can use any system value or customer condition in the before listed WDDOBEFORENAVIGATION() method.

Try it,

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinz my question is how can I prevent unauthorized access to a freely programmed WD Application.

Before the page is being displayed I need a possiblity on how can a user can identify himself in order

to visit this application

Regards

Marco

Edited by: Marco M on Jul 20, 2009 5:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are deploying it in Enterprise portal, then the portal admin will configure the users such that only that user is allowed ot visit the application.

Or

If you are directly accessing it in IE, then you need to code based on the user. You need to get the user who logged into application and do the processing based on the user.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

To create a Web Dynpro Application open your web component (SE80), mark your Web Dynpro component, click the right mouse button -> create -> Web Dynpro Application. This creates a Web Dynpro Application Node right on the bottom of your Web Dynpro Component (lift side on the pane). By double-click of the created sub-node you will see a) at the tool bar an execution button (F8) and b) the Web URL (right pane). Both a) or b) you can use to run your application.

Have success,

Heinz