Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Scheduling of Idoc Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Receiving Idocs in flat file format. To run the program RSINB00 the parameters are file name and port number . Now , if the external system sends a number of flat files and we need to schedule a batch job to run the program RSINB00 , how to do it ? I mean to say if they send files and files can be differentiated based on timestamp , then how will we get the filenames to be passed in the selection screen of the Program running in batch.? Variant or caklculated default values ( what is meant by Timestamp differenitation ?)

Pls help .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file transaction needs to be configured for the logical and physical file name inputs. If you configure the file transaction correctly and set up a variant in the batch job the program batch job should pick it up.

Example in File Transaction:

\usr\sap\D7A\DVEBMGS21\data\<FILENAME><yyyy.mm.dd>

cheers

Aveek

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The file transaction needs to be configured for the logical and physical file name inputs. If you configure the file transaction correctly and set up a variant in the batch job the program batch job should pick it up.

Example in File Transaction:

\usr\sap\D7A\DVEBMGS21\data\<FILENAME><yyyy.mm.dd>

cheers

Aveek

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

You need to write custom program to search incoming files from the inbound/receiving directory using file mask via this FM <b>EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING</b>.

Once you get list of incoming files then you call program RSEINB00 to process the IDoc inbound file one by one (looping the list).

At the end, you need to archive the incoming files so that they don't process twice.

Hope this will give you an idea.

Did you solve your file port issue yesterday?

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward point if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry ,

Thanks , this will be really helpful . Now , I get a better picture of how to do it ..will try and let u know.

Yeah . yeserday i had to contact Basis Guys to get the write access to the directory . It worked fine then.

Thanks Much for all the help . I will assign the points for both post today (yesterday something was wrong with thepoint system )

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Glad to help you. Let me know if you need further assistant.

Please remember close both threads if your problem solved

and don't forget to reward point

Regards,

Ferry Lianto