cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP fans,

Several questions I need to check with you.

1 - During result recording, whenever there is one characteristic is rejected, do I have to perform the defect recording (i.e. is this process compulsory?) before proceeding to usage decision?

2 - If I will to proceed to perform the defect recording, do i have to trigger the quality notification (i.e. is this process compulsory?) before proceed to usage decision?

3 - let say there is an inspection lot that have 3 MIC associated with it, and during result recording, 1 rejected and 2 reject, can I make the inspection lot pass even though only one is rejected?

4 - According to SAP, if a reject record having a defect class as critical defects, this record must be processed further as quality notifications. I am wondering If I can disable this function by unticking the radio button called "Activate Q-Notification" in the Defect Class setup?

JD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

Sujit has answered you perfectly. Adding my views to it

1) Defect recording is done to collect data on your defects. system has given you a provision to do the defect recording. but based on the defect and the impact you can decide on defect recording

2) notification is process by which you facilitate and solve an issue. If you think that the defect is complex and it needs an involvement of the whole team you can generate a notification. Notification is a document which can store any kind of data

3) Yes. Usage decision need not be always taken based on the result recording or defect recording. It can depend on the business. But certailnly you can have UD codes like "Accepted with deviation" etc and you can deduct the quality score accordingly

4) The functioanlity of automatic notification works when you maintain a notification type in the inspection type

SPRO> QM> Quality inspection> Maintain inspection type > Inspection type > Notification type. for 01inspection type you can maintain F2 notification. so when defect recording is done and saved notification is generated automatically

Please check and revert back

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 - During result recording, whenever there is one characteristic is rejected, do I have to perform the defect recording (i.e. is this process compulsory?) before proceeding to usage decision?

You said: no this is not mandatory as it depends on whether retain information why a char is rejected.

YYC: Sorry, I don't quite understand your statement which said "it depends on whether retain information why a char is rejected"?? what do means by retain information why a char is reject?

3 - let say there is an inspection lot that have 3 MIC associated with it, and during result recording, 1 rejected and 2 reject, can I make the inspection lot pass even though only one is rejected?

You said: Yes there is not relation between a char valuation & a lot valuation.

YYC: I thought If one test fails, the system would consider the whole lot as failed, and a failure only prevents an Automatic UD from being done. I can make the inspection lot pass during usage decision right? I don't quite understand you said there is not relationship between characteristic valuation and inspection lot valuation?

4 - According to SAP, if a reject record having a defect class as critical defects, this record must be processed further as quality notifications. I am wondering If I can disable this function by unticking the radio button called "Activate Q-Notification" in the Defect Class setup?

You said: still notification will create as in SPRO inspection type you have maintained F2 as a default notification say for 01 inspection type...but due to deactivation of Radio button called "Activate Q-Notification" --->as soon as you take UD status of notification will become NOCO from OSNO.

YYC: Sorry, I don't quite understand your explanation, can you help me understand. thanks.

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

no this is not mandatory as it depends on whether retain information why a char is rejected.

2 - If I will to proceed to perform the defect recording, do i have to trigger the quality notification (i.e. is this process compulsory?) before proceed to usage decision?

again this also whether you want to retain info which defect you found in an inspection lot in terms of notification so that later you want to take any corrective & preventive action.

it's not compulsory.

Yes there is not relation between a char valuation & a lot valuation.

still notification will create as in SPRO inspection type you have maintained F2 as a default notification say for 01 inspection type...but due to deactivation of Radio button called "Activate Q-Notification" --->as soon as you take UD status of notification will become NOCO from OSNO.

I hope its clear

Regards

Sujit