Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need URL for BDS image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I recently uploaded an image file to the business document server through SHDI. I would like to display the image in a picture control on a custom screen, but I don't want to use a transaction variant or screen variant. So I need to get the URL of the uploaded image. The file name as provided by SHDI is 'SAPIM:TA_VARIANTS_IMAGES//THRIFT_SAV//systemlogo2.bmp'. I also uploaded a gif version. Does anyone know of a method or function module that I can use to get the URL for this image? I tried using DP_PUBLISH_WWW_URL, but that only will get images from the web repository (so far as I can tell). Any ideas? Please note that I am on R/3 version 4.6C. I'm using the load_picture_from_url_async method of class cl_gui_picture to load my image into my custom control.

Thanks,

April King

3 REPLIES 3

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try WWW_GET_MIME_OBJECT.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. But my image isn't stored in table wwwdata, so I can't use that function. I need something that can retrieve BDS images.

- April

0 Kudos

I solved my own problem. It turns out that I can use methods get_info and get_with_url from class cl_bds_document_set to get my bds image. Sample code was in program SAPRDEMOWORD97INTEGRATION, in case anyone else needs to see it.

- April