Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Goods Receipt for Inbound delivery

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to post GR through MIGO with ref to Inbound Delivery. The Inbound delivery qty is 100 but I want to post the GR of only 90.

System throws an error asking to change the qty to the full qty.

Any ideas ???

Best Regards!

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dear,

You have to check the option of recv material in parts in customisation phase for the particular that may be material ID or on the vendor level it depends.

Anil

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me the spro path for the same ?

Best Regards!

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In which system are you working? If it is 4.6C you cannot post partial GR - see OSS note 522531.

Please also check OSS notes 199703 and 1050944 on document flow updates.

As you can see in this thread (arif Mansuri), no customizing is needed for partial GR against inbound delivery:

(however OSS note 1024779 mentions partial "goods receipt active")

Regards,

Csaba

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I am working in ECC 6.00 with following data:

IB Delivey qty: 100

Actual receipt: 90

This is the error I am getting when I am posting a MIGO for Inbound Delivery:

"Item 000010 is not relevant for goods receipt; increase quantity to 100 TO

Message no. VLA312"

Best Regards,

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure you read my message carefully as well as the mentioned notes. Please invest some energy in reading of them - you will find the answer for your question.

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all...The issue stands resolved.

Csaba: The note did not help much. Thanks anyways

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba: The note did not help much. Thanks anyways

Welcome.

However I don't understand why it couldn't help "much" since it is exactly written in the mentioned note 1050944 what to do:

After you implement the corrections above, or after you import Support Package SAPKH60015, SAPKH60205, SAPKH60304 or SAPKH60402 (they contain these corrections), you can manage the error message types, which are entered in the view V_160MVL_SYS, in Customizing. If you do not make any further settings, the system reacts accordingly with error messages. If you do not want error message, you must make the following settings:

In the IMG, choose Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> System Modifications -> Specify Characteristics for System Messages.

Choose "Define the message types of system messages".

To ignore error message VLA 319, for example, create the following new entry:

Call Type ( ), Work phase ( ), Application Area (VLA), Message number (319), Message type ( ) => If you enter S, I or W for the message type, the system issues a message but processing continues.

VLA 312

Short text

Item &1 is not relevant for goods receipt; increase quantity to &2

Long text

Self-explanatory

If you didn't solve your problem in this way then how?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 20, 2009 2:41 PM

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor

Hi Csaba,

I tried controlling the message types....but unfortunately, that did not work.

The resolution is in the configuration of delivery item categories. Pl. go through the config settings in Delivery item categories.

Best Regards !

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit Choudhary:

The resolution is in the configuration of delivery item categories. Pl. go through the config settings in Delivery item categories.

OSS note 1050944:

If you do not make any further settings, the system reacts accordingly with error messages. If you do not want error message, you must make the following settings:

In the IMG, choose Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> System Modifications -> Specify Characteristics for System Messages.

Choose "Define the message types of system messages".

Amit,

Is it possible to control it through delivery item categories? OSS note is not in harmony with your statement at all...

However, maybe it is possible... Could you share it with the communityt for our benefit?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 20, 2009 3:24 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 20, 2009 6:22 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 20, 2009 6:24 PM

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the Movement type as 101 in Item category for inbound delivery.

Regards,

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the Movement type as 101 in Item category for inbound delivery.

Yes, you can set. And you can set several things concerning the delivery item category...but what is the sense of what you wrote???

My remarks:

- standard SAP uses mvt 101 for standard item category ELN > no need to change

- even if someone changes the movement type of delivery item category it won't cause any problem in case of GR in MIGO. I set mvt 711 for ELN (711 is used in physical inventory - that is sheer absurdity for an inbound delivery item category; it was populated in LIPS-BWART...) and mvt 101 was populated in MIGO. I posted GR succesfully - with mvt 101.

- we were speaking about setting partial goods receipt for inbound delivery. Movement type is certainly not an indicator for allowing or not allowing partial goods receipt...

<snip>

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 21, 2009 8:18 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 21, 2009 8:21 PM

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 21, 2009 11:48 PM

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Assigning the movement type helped me in doing partial GRs. Pl. test the system for it. I have already told you that the making the messages W do not help. Why dont you try it yourself in the system.

If you just want to argue and play childish, please go get a life. I have better things to do than spread wrong information.

Good Luck.

Amit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

You're right, I shouldn't have told that. I already asked moderators to delete it.

Sorry...sometimes I pretend to know everything whilst my SAP knowledge is very poor...and there's no point in arguing about such settings.

Sorry again,

Csaba

Answers (0)