Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion on Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have following requirement:

We want to discontinue using some old Material Groups.

Instead of those we want to use new Material Groups. But for historical reporting we dnt want to delete those Material Groups. We dnt want to allow users to select those Material Groups in Create/Change of document.

We have identified list of Transactions like MM01, MM02, ME51 etc.

To achive the above, we are thinking to create <b>Field Exit</b> for Data Elements used across this Transactions, which would validate the entry. It can be done with the help of Custom Table or Authorization

Check.

If there's any other way to accomplish this in more efficient manner, please suggest the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I think Field exit is a better option. Alternatively you can also explore dynamic screen validations.

I dont remember the transaction where you can generate dynamic screen validations. These are available only on few screens.

Let me get back to you with the tcode name.

Cheers

VJ

I Think the tcodes are SFAW and SFAC. I have not much worked on this but i think one of my colleague used this for a very similar requirement. This approach might take some time to understand and implement.

I thin either a Field exit or a user exit is a better and simple approach.

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I think Field exit is a better option. Alternatively you can also explore dynamic screen validations.

I dont remember the transaction where you can generate dynamic screen validations. These are available only on few screens.

Let me get back to you with the tcode name.

Cheers

VJ

I Think the tcodes are SFAW and SFAC. I have not much worked on this but i think one of my colleague used this for a very similar requirement. This approach might take some time to understand and implement.

I thin either a Field exit or a user exit is a better and simple approach.

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao