Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

experts,

here the issue, after completion of 12 steps of LSMW when i see the error log it shows sales 1,1,1 doesnt exit, the thing is i gave 0001,01,01 in excel sheet, but it take it as 1,1,1 how to change that.

I dont see the option of foreground in SM35

suggest with suitable congiguation.

Thanks

regards

Edited by: Ahmed quadry on Jul 18, 2009 8:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you convert any data to text file from an excel sheet which has numeric values with preceding zeros, you should maintain those fields as '0001 (zeros preceded by apostrophe) and then convert to text file.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

lakshimipathi,

when i try to create sales ordre through lsmw in direct input method, it shows an error stating that no logical path has been specified, suggest with suiale configuration.

thanks

Regards

Edited by: Ahmed quadry on Jul 18, 2009 9:59 AM

Edited by: Ahmed quadry on Jul 18, 2009 11:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its always advisable when you copy data from Text/note pad to Excel, change all the cells of excel into TEXT format by which it can not neglect 0 which are prefix the other numbers. After that you can save it as TAB Deliminated Text file.

About logical path: did you check the relation between physical path and logiocal path? Check t-Code FILE for the same.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in T.code FILE WHAT TO CHECK AND HOW TO ASSSIGHN LOGICAL PATH. SUGGEST WITH NECESSARY CONFIGURATION

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to FILE, then there you have to assign the logical file path i e. This is the path where the flat file is existing

Then based on this logical path you have have to define the logical file and path.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

still i unable to find out how to assighn logical file in T.code FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahemed,

After defining logical path in Tcode FILE , you have to assign this in LSMW. Inside specify files step, Double click on convert data.

Provide a logical path name using help and then provide your own file name for logical file name to create a logical file name

I guess you are struggling with the LSMW process, Please check the below link , which will help you understand LSMW better

http://sapabap.iespana.es/manuales/pdf/lsmw.pdf

Thanks,

Raja

Answers (0)