cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to tes the Web service in cross client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Web service for a RFC function module in the DEVELOPMENT client and could successfully generate the WSDL through XI server.

Whereas , when I run the same web service from the TEST client, I get the following error.

"No Configuration exists for this Service Definition.

Exception of class CX_ESD_EXCEPTION

No Configuration exists for this Service Definition. "

Seems, there is no binding exists when I was executing the webservice from the TEST cleint.

Many thanks in advance !

Edited by: Kranthiraja on Jul 18, 2009 7:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Endpoints created for any service definition is client dependent. So, you can't use the endpoint created in different client. You have to create endpoint in each and every client whenever you work with new client.

Even these endpoints are not transportable to other landscapes. So, after tranporting this service definition, you have to create endpoints in the target systems.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have created Web service for a RFC function module in the DEVELOPMENT client and could successfully generate the 
WSDL through XI server.

What is the URL that you used while generating the WSDL file? The URL format to be used in the WSDL should be as given in this SAP note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597

Using the Party is optional, if not using then do not have the reference to party

I am sending SOAP request using the following URL format and have not faced any issue till now:

http://<IPAddress OR ServerName>:<PORT_No>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<SenderBusinessService>:<SenderSOAPCC>&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<SenderBusinessService>&Interface=<SenderInterfaceNamespace>%5E<SenderMI>

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should create End Point in your TEST client using SOAMANAGER. Then only you can test it. Web Service configuration is not cross client and you need to do this in every client in your lanscape.

Thanks,

Venu