SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail:diff bet retail consignment process & rackjobber module

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between retail consignment process and rackjobbers module in SAP IS-Retail.Explain me the processes and there complete settings step by step in detailed.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gopal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Consignment Goods,

A consignment occurs when vendor provide article to a retailer (the u201Cconsigneeu201D), who agrees to pay vendor proceeds from the sales minus a commission. If vendor product doesnu2019t sell, the retailer(consignee) can return it.The Consignment processing in retail allows you to transfer the goods from your DC to any location and you have the flexibility to the convert the Stock type from consignment stock to any other stock its depends on the receipient.

Rack Jobber

Vendor provide the merchandise and rack directly in the retail location, and vendor work co-operatively with the retailer to share the profits.Thus relieving the retailer to acquire the merchandise and allow to gain from the sales of merchaside.Hope you understand.

Regards

Abdul

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

not yet answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Consignment Goods,

A consignment occurs when vendor provide article to a retailer (the u201Cconsigneeu201D), who agrees to pay vendor proceeds from the sales minus a commission. If vendor product doesnu2019t sell, the retailer(consignee) can return it.The Consignment processing in retail allows you to transfer the goods from your DC to any location and you have the flexibility to the convert the Stock type from consignment stock to any other stock its depends on the receipient.

Rack Jobber

Vendor provide the merchandise and rack directly in the retail location, and vendor work co-operatively with the retailer to share the profits.Thus relieving the retailer to acquire the merchandise and allow to gain from the sales of merchaside.Hope you understand.

Regards

Abdul

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you provide me the settings and configuration that is required for both "consignment and rack jobbers module" from start to end (i.e) upto selling the articles in SAP IS-RetaIL.

Regards

Gopal

0 Kudos

not yet anwered

0 Kudos

not yet answered

0 Kudos

Hi check the following link for consignment process in IS Retail

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/1f/b43c415e5dde2be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Rock jobbers is related to Assorment mangement. there is Rock jobber assorment module type need to configure and list articles.

Hope it helps

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

hi satish,

Can you tell me whats the difference between rackjobbers module and consignment process in definition.I didn't get the exact difference between them.I am new to this.

Regards

Gopal

0 Kudos

hi satish,

Can you tell me whats the difference between rackjobbers module and consignment process in definition.I didn't get the exact difference between them.I am new to this.

Regards

Gopal

0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

the difference between consignment and rack-jobbing was already given by Abdul above!

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

issue closed