cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Ord delivery date changes SO schedule line date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am purchasing a drop ship item as per sales order. The account assignment in the purchase order is the Sales order.

Why in some cases the schedule line date in the sales order changes when I change the delivery date in the purchase order? whereas in other cases it does not.

Please help me out with this question.

Sincerely.

Puja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Puja,

> Why in some cases the schedule line date in the sales order changes when I change the delivery date in the purchase order? whereas in other cases it does not.

Initially when the PO is saved , system confirms the schedule line based on the delivery date on the purchase order. So it is standard the schedule line wont change even if you will change the delivery date in the PO at later stage.

Secondly as you are saying in some cases you are saying that the schedule line in sales order is getting change, i guess this might be because of some FM or Exits you might be using.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your sales order has a requested delivery date two weeks from now then the date on the purchase order will be calculated based on date and using lead-time from the vendor-info record, so that the drop-ship is done at the requested date.

But if the lead-time is not sufficient, or you change the date on the PO manually and it pushes out the date of delivery at the customer, then the schedule line date is changed. If you change the date on the PO but can still meet the req.del.date then the date on the schedule line does not change.

Regards,

Rad.