cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

If XI is being implemented in an organisation, what are the different other tools that work together with XI.

For ex: Why are WBI, MQSeries used with XI, what r the other things instead of them.

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

See this seeburger's xi integrations strategry document, esp, the section "Top 10 drivers when evaluation SAP XI"

http://www.seeburger.com/fileadmin/com/pdf/SAP_Exchange_Infrastructure_Integratio_Strategy.pdf

Regards,

Jay

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

XI is a centralized Integration Platform with Open standard. i.e communication between 2 systems is via xml messages i.e open standard. And it is an EAI Tool like others whatever you have mentioned.

But it has an upperhand towards SAP systems with Predelivered content in the XI.(if we compare with other EAI tools).

So as mentioned we can integrate MQsereies, or any tools with XI .

MQsereies,WBI are EAI tools. If a system landscape has MQseries in place, and now are implementing SAP , and want to integrate with Legacy systems with SAP, then XI can be used as an Integration Platform with existing MQseries . That means it will work with other Systems as well.

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kinda looking into this topic and wanted to add one more question to it.

Is XI a Hub-and-spoke or ESB implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna Moorthy,

As per ur explanation, do u mean that

MQsereies and WBI are EAI tools, but can integrate SAP systems and thats where XI comes into picture.

My next question:

<b>MQsereies and WBI are they open standard?</b>

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Altough it an old thread I think I'll elaborate as I;ve been asked these questions lately.

XI and WBI are both used for the same function in your organization integration scenario, both allow you to receieve messages and based on smart routing rules and manipulation of the message data to transfer the message data to other systems in your organization.

Since XI is an SAP product it has a much stronger buildin integration with other SAP systems then any other product, WBI have his own adventages as well.

as an integration consultant I'd say that the main decision weather to use one or the other is a stratigical decision as to what system will be the one requiring greater integration abilities in the future - the SAP system or Legacy systems.

and to answer the question: WBI is open standard (supporting XML, MQseries connetivity and a few more), MQseries is a message transfering program that support several protocol for handeling messages (like JMS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBI - Webmethods Business Integration .... it is too similar to above EAI tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI is a middle ware which sits in between two or more different softwares/systems to exchange the data (in form of messages) in their respective format. XI helps them send/receive the data in their respective formats.

XI.. MQ series...Tibco ... etc are all data exchange architectures. So they are all same.

And these needs to be installed according to requirement of the existing SLD systems. So EAI tool (XI/TIBCO/MQ/WEBMETHODS) installation depends on existing SLD systems.

Enjoy!

Suresh Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

That was a good explanation. But what about WBI.

-Naveen.